mtbr member
    May 2006

Good job! What Gets Better Then a Nicolai

I just had to start this thread now that Nicolai forum is growing.

I have rode a lot of different Nicolai models and have to say i have not been disappointed one bit. I have rode a lot of bikes and there has really not been a bad bike all the company do a good job and have there own good quality. To name a few KNOLLY, INTENSE , TURNER, SANTA CRUZ , TITUS and so on.

I think what the diffence is that Nicolai attension to detail from the CC to the FR to AM to the ION and so on. The bike alway's don't dissappoint you they even exceed your expectations that is what makes the bike a step ahead of everybody else. Know this is only mine opion and there could be some flack to my assesment but this is the Nicolai forum! One last thing they seem to make a bike for every type of riding which can make it hard to choose which one. The luckiest guy in this forum is Whafe he has it all covered in the bikes one for each type of riding and he is a true Nicolai believer with the rest of us.

To conclude my ranting about Nicolai everybody is doing a great job on making the brand more visual in the market place and making the forum so successfull.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ncig
    What Gets Better Then a Nicolai
    2 Nicolai.

banned
    I wonder how proper it is for a dealer (that doesn't even state it according to the forum guidelines) to make a biased post like this.

Outside of that, it's nice to see growth with the company, but they don't need guerilla marketing from their dealers.

3. The message is an advertisement or spam.

# All Manufacturers / Vendors / Shop Owners / Sponsored Riders should declare their status as a Retailer / Manufacturer in their signature

# Online selling of parts, components or bikes will be accompanied by a paid ad and properly labeled as "Ad" with a link to the paid classified ad or mtbr sponsorship.

Any one reviewing or testing products and / or components online must state whether they have a vested interest in the product up front. They should state whether they bought the product or they got the product free or with an industry deal or are prohibited from saying negative things about a product.

Don't use mtbr to get free money for your business.
    Last edited by Jerk_Chicken; 08-07-2008 at 12:47 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Testmaen
    2 Nicolai.

Attractive but lonely Helius FR requires Argon FR for hill rides and possibly more...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    You know JC you want to start a war with me go right ahead there was no advertising in it what so ever i was bringing out a opion and didn't bash anybody else didn't leave contact info or anything else that said i was a dealer you idiot!
    Last edited by ncig; 08-07-2008 at 11:43 AM.

steep fast and loose :)
    ncig - i'm assuming you ARE a dealer ?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    yes

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lecht_Rocks
    ncig - i'm assuming you ARE a dealer ?
    He and Crazy Fred have a shop and those builds they put up out of nowhere for new personal bikes are actually disguised ads. They sell those bikes they keep building up.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    First off CrazyFred has nothing to do with us for the milllon time. And that bike we are selling was Crazy Fred. The only reason he is selling it is to buy his Turner Sultan. I don't need the forum to sell bikes and have never advertised on the forum. That makes a lot of sense to bulid a bike up and sell used .

banned
    Anyway, as a dealer, you have to clearly declare who you are, as per the forum rules. You don't even do that in your ads when you sell your used bikes as new.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Anyway, as a dealer, you have to clearly declare who you are, as per the forum rules. You don't even do that in your ads when you sell your used bikes as new.

ncig, JC is right in that you have to state your affiliation in your signature.

JC, ncig has stated before that CF is not involved in his store..... that CF is a friend ( or was a rider) for the store doesn't mean he is an employee of the store... please drop that.

Just report posts that look spamish and they will be shut down if they violate the guidelines.

banned
    Actually, Crisillo, I have isolated posts where Fred has affirmed his involvement with the store previously. The reason for denial is a side reason that you're already aware of.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    JC CF really hit a real sore spot with you for you to be coming after me for a year know. If you still have a hard on for him then attack him and leave me the hell out of it . CF is over at the Turner forum go give him some grief. As alway you hijacked this post like you alway's do!

wyrd bi ful rd
    an answer to the first post,

a special edition frame with karlheinz nicolai's signature etched on it?

banned
    One can always argue the welds and machinework are his signature

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Actually, Crisillo, I have isolated posts where Fred has affirmed his involvement with the store previously. The reason for denial is a side reason that you're already aware of.

If that is so, then please by all means when it is relevant to the discussion at hand..... but please don't raise the issue every time ncig posts up, since that would be just stalking (I have the side reason very present)

"Its All Good"
    One can always argue the welds and machinework are his signature
    Now I would agree with this for sure....

I rate highly 4 brands of bikes, these being Nicolai, Ventana, Turner & Knolly..... In my opinion, many steps ahead of the rest, of which there is some sweet sweet stuff out there.

I got to see a Look HT MTB bike being built yesterday, the thing was a stunner...

But for me with Nicolai, the attention to detail is what gets me, the straightness of the frame, the perfect allignment etc etc etc... And as JC alludes to, those welds and machine works are the business....And the fact that they are great to deal with. Making the effort to fly and go and meet the team and visit the factory was awesome. Nothing like seeing where ones frame is made....

I always reflect back that Nicolai now has some 18 models to choose from, and makes some 2000 frames per year. This allows true handmadeness.....

The hardest part about purchasing a Nicolai is choosing the colour! (LOL, a great problem too)
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

banned
    Now I'm seeing tons of other brands out here, some with the "fake" made in Germany stuff on them, some really nice. I'm gonna report back after Eurobike. I'll also make sure to check with Nicolai on what's going on.

Black Lion
    pretty much nothing beats Nicolai.
    The frames are the highest quality made today.

I hope to be ripping my local trails on a HeliusAM soon.
    Voltron

"Its All Good"
    Now I'm seeing tons of other brands out here, some with the "fake" made in Germany stuff on them, some really nice. I'm gonna report back after Eurobike. I'll also make sure to check with Nicolai on what's going on.
    For sure, the Homers are going to have some good old fashioned Homer envy JC, when you attend Eurobike and see what is coming before the Homer mass in general......

Yeah, in Spain always saw some out there brands..... Amazing how good value Scott bikes are compared to those Specialized bikes... You can almost save 1K Euro on a Scott with the same components as a Specialized....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

banned
    Yeah, I know someone's not going to be happy that they don't have first coverage of all the new bike stuff

"Decentralizing of all the attention" is what I call it.

"Its All Good"
    Yeah, I know someone's not going to be happy that they don't have first coverage of all the new bike stuff

"Decentralizing of all the attention" is what I call it.
    I hear you there.....

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Whafe this is what i was trying to say about the Nicolai brand and not putting any other brands down and got attacked like crazy but i have thick skin i didn't take it personal. I forgive you JC

(Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator
    I agree with everything that crisillo has said in this thread.

ncig, I see that you have updated your sig file. Thank you.

JC, crisillo is ALSO right, in that you do not have to bring up whatever past issues you've had when it is not warranted or relevant to the original post. If you have a current, legit beef with CF, PM me with the details and I'll listen.

I am closing this thread down.

-g