Thread: Warranty?!?*

Im O'l Greggggg

Warranty?!?*

Has anyone tested the nicolai 5 yr warranty before?! Unfortunately ive found a crack in my FR

Pretty gutted mind, and ive not heard of any Nic frames being cracked before - its not a massive biggie, just internally where the seat tube and top tube meet - only found it today when starting to clean her up after a mucky weekend!

"Its All Good"
    How old is the frame? Are you the original owner?

I don't think you will have an issue at all.

Would clean the frame up, get some pictures, send them to your dealer and they will shoot them off to Nicolai. Then guess the frame will need to be sent back for viewing....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Im O'l Greggggg
    Hi Whafe, thanks for the reply - well its 3yrs old, and im the original owner.

It transpires that after help from Simon at Nic uk and HQ, that its not exactly a crack - more that it is where the top tube end is originally reamed from within the seat tube, and now migrating. But ive been given the go ahead that all is ok - so thats exactly what I will be doing!

All in all though its been very good to deal with everyone regarding the issue so thumbs up - I have no doubt that if anything did go wrong it would be sorted!

Just for reference here is a pic!

"Its All Good"
    Great stuff, glad you now know what the bully is, puts ones mind at rest... With Simon seeing it, that is a great thing, should anything go wrong etc, Simon has seen it...

Go ride that bad girl hard!
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    It looks like the Melt through from the welding process.And then they have reemed the Seat tube this has left this small mark.

As Simon has said,dosent look like a problem.In my opinion.

The GOAT
    Sep 2012
    If it had been a melt through im sure they would of picked up on it during inspection.
    If they havent then im sure they will sort it 5 years or not