Thread: UK Weather

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

UK Weather

What is happening...
    Severe gales and rain..No letup from it.

We have had 50mm of rain in a few hours+ 50-60mph winds.

I love riding but am starting to struggle to find places that arnt waterlogged or so muddy that they are unrideable.

Wasnt the best of summers.

Will have to buy a road bike soon if there isnt some dry days.

And a sun setting piccy

Last edited by norcosam; 11-26-2012 at 03:51 PM.

mtbr member
    It's fine up here in sunny Scotland
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

flash bikes for flash gits

mtbr member
    Omg, could you even pedal at that mucky point! Wow! Move over to Swiss cheese and fondue legs land

"El Whatever"
    Where were you riding? Somewhere in Mexico? We have that kind of clay-ish mud during summers at some places.

Yuck...
    Check my Site

MTB B'dos
    They don't call it "Jolly old England" for nothing Don't you have any rock or hardpacked gravel trails anywhere near you? We experience that crap down here, sometimes for months sometimes not, depends on how the rainy season goes and our soil in some areas has much more clay than that. Just not worth it to try and ride in that, destroys the drive train and nearly everything else on the bike - watch your fork seals and stanchions in that crap.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My MTB vids

Fat & Single
    The weather was half the reason i moved to Oz, if you think the "good ole English" weather is crap at least it gets some summer occasionally. Northern Ireland just get crap drizzle all year round, if we got snow it melts the next day and hangs around as dirty cold wet slush for weeks, if England got a 28deg day we got 16deg and overcast.... its a miserable place
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzybmx View Post
    The weather was half the reason i moved to Oz, if you think the "good ole English" weather is crap at least it gets some summer occasionally. Northern Ireland just get crap drizzle all year round, if we got snow it melts the next day and hangs around as dirty cold wet slush for weeks, if England got a 28deg day we got 16deg and overcast.... its a miserable place

Nothing much changed,still raining,still windy down here.

At least the Midlands and most of the rest of the Uk had some snow...We had rain.

Fat & Single
    It used to piss me off, im watching the weather.... England is swamped by snow, i look outside and its raining still, like it has been for the past 6 weeks, not cold enough to be snow at 5deg during the day and getting 1deg at night.... but not warm enough to dry the wet up.

On the flip side i have a whinge about hot weather now, anything over 35deg and its too hot to ride at all

.... but only occasionally
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Had an awesome ride on my helius am this Sunday. Got about 20 miles over sunny California hills. Absolutely perfect conditions. Great views of the ocean on one side, San Francisco bay on another. Not too hot, not too cold. Perfect riding.

Got a bit chilly in the evening though - I was a bit late, and descended the last bit of singletrack in darkness without a lamp. Good thing I knew the route well, and Helius does not care where you point it, just rolls over stuff.

Contemplating skipping work tomorrow. But I will be without Helius - sent CCDBA for an inner can upgrade. Probably single speed time..

On Saturday was riding with my daughter.. She is enjoying her 24" Scott. Though I built her disk wheels, and they seem a bit too powerful for her - locking rear wheel too easily. But she is getting a hang on gearing, and starting to pick up some speed.

UK Weather-img-20130209-00056.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Had an awesome ride on my helius am this Sunday. Got about 20 miles over sunny California hills. Absolutely perfect conditions. Great views of the ocean on one side, San Francisco bay on another. Not too hot, not too cold. Perfect riding.

Got a bit chilly in the evening though - I was a bit late, and descended the last bit of singletrack in darkness without a lamp. Good thing I knew the route well, and Helius does not care where you point it, just rolls over stuff.

Contemplating skipping work tomorrow. But I will be without Helius - sent CCDBA for an inner can upgrade. Probably single speed time..

On Saturday was riding with my daughter.. She is enjoying her 24" Scott. Though I built her disk wheels, and they seem a bit too powerful for her - locking rear wheel too easily. But she is getting a hang on gearing, and starting to pick up some speed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130209-00056.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	771644
    Thanks,thats cheered me up..Blue sky,perfect riding conditions.

MTB B'dos
    Sorry to report guys, but the weather over here is just perfect, temps are down in the 28C range and humidity is very low, also have a nice to strong "breeze" blowing. This is ride all day weather for me, unfortunately the bank account won't let me do that every day, have to work to pay for the nice toys However part of my "earning" is leading visitor rides/tours - Pic was taken yesterday AM on just such a ride .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UK Weather-photo2.jpg  

One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My MTB vids