mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Touring the alps with a UFO

This summer I spent 10 weeks touring the alps with my UFO ST.

Some shots...

Les Deux Alpes, France

La Grave, France

Alpe D'Huez, Mega Avalanche, France

Les Arcs, France

Les Arcs France
    Last edited by solamanda; 10-25-2008 at 12:02 PM.

from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    Looks like an awesome time mate!

a tight kick sound
    Aawwwwwe, that last pic is AWESOME. That fork says HEY...HEY you look the fock out...HERE I COME MOTHA FOCKA!!!

Great stuff man look like you had fun.

'All over it!'
    Awesome pics, looks like you had a blast. What areas did you go to?

"Its All Good"
    Sweet looking pictures, 10 weeks riding, sweeeettttt am jealous.......
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I went to Les Deux Alpes, La Grave (amazing!), Alpe D'Huez, Morzine, Verbier, Les Arcs, La Thuile, Pila and Finale Ligure.

Unfortunately I fractured my back but fortunately it was only a couple days before the end! Pretty much all healed now.

More photos here if you are interested: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dcsolomons/sets/

"Its All Good"
    Some very cool pictures amongst them all. Sweet photos in fact....Thanks for sharing..
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

'All over it!'
    Not wishing to hijack this thread, but next August Mrs Lornibear wants us to drive over to France on Eurocamp. I don't suppose in your travels you know of any areas which has Eurocamp and some cracking riding as I plan to take the bike and get some decent riding in.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by solamanda
    Unfortunately I fractured my back but fortunately it was only a couple days before the end! Pretty much all healed now.
    /[/url]
    Awesome pics dude... swinley pics look good mate... that has some nice areas... how did you break ur back????

Also Tell us about La Grave dude... why so good?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    lornibear - I've no idea about Eurocamp. There are lots of places to camp all over the alps and in many resorts/nearby.

Awesome pics dude... swinley pics look good mate... that has some nice areas... how did you break ur back????

Also Tell us about La Grave dude... why so good?
    Thanks. I fractured my back falling off at high speed as I was taking off to clear some roots. I landed arse first into a large root and stopped dead with no roll To add insult to injury it was on a trail I know well and relatively easy. My arse is dented now

La Grave is not a 'riding' spot as such, so most felt unridden. Dirty rocky/rumble covered tracks at the top of the mountain, (not quite the top as we weren't allowed to the glacier). Then it narrowed out as we descended, mellowing out in easy singletrack threaded through the woods. Descents took around an hour with the odd push.

Some photos of La Grave:

Lower

(as above)

PS: I've edited my first post with locations.