Thread: Ti Spring

chilliinleeds
    Jun 2010

Ti Spring

Just wanted to mention on here before i start putting it on forums\ebay etc, i've got a Diverse Suspension (DSP) ti rear shock spring that i've just taken off my AM, it's a 500lb, 2.25 stroke, 126mm free length, it weighs 285g.
    I got it from locotuning last year but have lost some weight since and i've bought a lighter one!
    65 plus postage to a fellow Niclolai owner.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Have any of you guys knowledge of one of these:

DSP-Racing

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chillijo1 View Post
    Just wanted to mention on here before i start putting it on forums\ebay etc, i've got a Diverse Suspension (DSP) ti rear shock spring that i've just taken off my AM, it's a 500lb, 2.25 stroke, 126mm free length, it weighs 285g.
    I got it from locotuning last year but have lost some weight since and i've bought a lighter one!
    will this fit my CCDB?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by norcosam View Post
    will this fit my CCDB?
    here you go: Loco Tuning - Mountain bike suspension tuning and servicing | Diverse Titanium springs

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Diverse ti-springs fits CCDB, but are bit tight - Ive had at least 3 springs from DSP and measured ID has been always bit under 36,30mm - measured both ends and with two gauges. Tight fit is not a problem if there`s enough preload and not much s*it between coil and shock body, but that was also reason why CC started to use plastic covers in shock bodies, risk for rubbing body is real. Renton (RCS) coils are wider.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Hi pergamonx, do you know if the diverse springs fit the Stoy or would Renton be the better option? On another point, have you ever tried the Diverse Dueler shock? Cheers.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chillijo1 View Post
    Will have it please.
    Looks like it should fit my CCDB.

PM me payment details

chilliinleeds
    Jun 2010
    Sorry mate SOLD! Should of posted to say it's no longer available. My bad.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by loamranger View Post
    Hi pergamonx, do you know if the diverse springs fit the Stoy or would Renton be the better option? On another point, have you ever tried the Diverse Dueler shock? Cheers.
    Ill believe that Stoy uses springs with normal 36plus mm ID, so DSP springs would be ok - don`t have Stoy so this is "educated guess".

Not tested Dueler either - thought that some time ago but the shortest model they made then was 216mm e2e, which was too big for my small bike. Didn`t even know that nowadays there are smaller sizes available.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pergamonx View Post
    Ill believe that Stoy uses springs with normal 36plus mm ID, so DSP springs would be ok - don`t have Stoy so this is "educated guess".

Not tested Dueler either - thought that some time ago but the shortest model they made then was 216mm e2e, which was too big for my small bike. Didn`t even know that nowadays there are smaller sizes available.
    Smaller sizes due out very soon including 200 x 57.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Yeps. Noticed that from their site too. Dueler might be ok, but if Ill get any new coil shocks (already having CCDB and had Stage5, but sold it) there are two more interesting options - Avalanche and Stoy. Also X-Fusions seems interesting; my friend is importing them too and his comments have been really positive - really well built and lots of tuning options.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pergamonx View Post
    Yeps. Noticed that from their site too. Dueler might be ok, but if Ill get any new coil shocks (already having CCDB and had Stage5, but sold it) there are two more interesting options - Avalanche and Stoy. Also X-Fusions seems interesting; my friend is importing them too and his comments have been really positive - really well built and lots of tuning options.
    I had an AVY for a while on my Fr.

It was a DHS i brought off someone on here.

Excellent shock.Craig at Avy was excellent aswell.

Super smooth through the travel and never felt like it was struggling to cope with anything you could throw at it.

Would definetely buy another.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    @norcosam - nearly all comments / reviews of Avy shocks has been similar than yours

Have mailed with Craig too some time ago about shock tunes needed for Nicolai and also to my newer frame (not Nicolai this time...) and Ive a feeling that he really knows what he`s doing ... My main interest from Avy is Chubie; no need for remote piggybagging here. Testing Avy`s requires a also new springs; they use 1,5" ID springs in all shocks and nowdays I don`t have any of those....

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    My mate has my old dhs.he has never used it.lol

springs were a problem,but craig will sort you out with a few springs for a bit extra.
    perhaps go steel first and then order a Ti once you know and are happy with the spring weight
    Chubie is a DHS without the remote resevoir.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Correct.... eye2eye in 200mm &190mm will be released on Mar., 2012.
    What you can find on their website.
    About the ti spring, DSP seems doesnt sell any ti sping which is not came with Dueler shock... But you can contact Spring Time, for your spec.

Kronos ti spring from Spring Time.
    Last edited by christineliao; 12-29-2011 at 11:02 PM.