Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    "Its All Good"

Thoughts on a UK Nicolai group ride weekend in June

What are the thoughts on as many Nicolai peeps as possible getting together some where for a weekend of great riding...

I am not really at all a selfish prick, but am going to sound like one I am coming to Europe for work in June, so am wanting this weekend of riding to be sometime in June...

Where is a great riding spot /s that a gathering can take place? Please come forward with some suggestions if you are keen or think this could be gotten off of the ground...

As yet am not 100% on dates for June, but will lock these down as soon as is possible...

Look forward to hearing some suggestions.... Trails wanted where by there is F All climbing involved but copious amounts of down hill single track ...... (oh am already stressing as to what bike to bring )
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I'm in. Don't care where we ride, ill follow the masses

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by ianpinder
    I'm in. Don't care where we ride, ill follow the masses
    Sweet as. Am keen to try a different area, last time it was out and about from Head For The Hills....

Would love some more techy riding... And where it is easiest for most to meet....

Need to somehow get some peeps down from Scotland
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"Its All Good"
    A trip back in time.....

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Could you not come up to Scotland and get some real good single track? ;-)

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Definetely sounds good to me.

"Its All Good"
    2 Tone = Could be done if it is the concensus of the majority...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    If its southern Scotland,Might be able to stay at a mates,will have to post bike up and then fly up.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    If it's a weekend away, I might be up for Scotland - any weekend bar the one nearest the 5th as it's the wifes birthday.

Other than that, anywhere between Surrey & the Lakes will do me

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Well I'd defo be up for lakes always wanted to ride there or if scotland
    Ae, malbie all well south and on the main route up north, M6.

mtbr member
    I'd be up for a road trip to Gods country Scotland . Golspie, Laggan Wolftrax and Fort Bill with everything from wild Highland epics to WC downhill tracks complete with uplift and chairlifts available at certain resorts . YeeHaa count me in.

Off to the Mega at the end of June so it'll depend on what dates everyone decides on but I'll try my best to make it.

steep fast and loose :)
    Nicolai's.

Laggan or Fort Bill.

what's the point of having all that travel and not using it all hahaha....

mtbr member
    Would Love to join the fun but two and a bit weeks of June will be spent in the Alps.

"Its All Good"
    What weekend is better, 18 / 19th of June or the following weekend?

mtbr member
    Me and Kermit are up for it :-)

Hard core trails in the Surrey Hills :-) Take a look at the link these photo's where taken about 5 min's ride from the L-Hill tower...

http://www.singletrackworld.com/foru...p-near-abinger

Geetee will back me up on this but we now have an even larger network of amazing trails on our doorstep two hills we did not even touch last time with some trails that a year ago did not even exist ! There is a video on line of Geetee in the snow playing on one of the trails. Also 2 weekends ago we rode Pitch Hill and there where 3 other Nicolai's out without even planing a meet...
    Nicolai Bikes in the South of England head to..
    http://www.head-for-the-hills.co.uk

LOL... Surrey hills. You need mountains man !!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'm pretty much up for anywhere to be fair.

18th/19th June should be good too.

BTW whats Swinley forest like as I have a Dualathon there in June too

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    TLR you're being obnoxious again.

The riding here is as good as anywhere in the UK it's just different.

We don't have the same views or the same altitude gain, but having ridden all over the UK and in other parts of the world, I still have as much fun riding on Surrey Hills as I have done anywhere else.

One thing I do know for sure and that's that the trails on Surrey Hills are a heck of a lot better than the graded, built tarmac strips we get at most purpose built trail centres.

Whafe - if you want to experience the best UK riding has to offer then DO NOT ride at a trail centre.

Go into the mountains and you will be blown away by the beauty of it all. Lakes, Highlands or Wales. Just not a trail centre.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by geetee1972
    TLR you're being obnoxious again.

The riding here is as good as anywhere in the UK it's just different.

We don't have the same views or the same altitude gain, but having ridden all over the UK and in other parts of the world, I still have as much fun riding on Surrey Hills as I have done anywhere else.

One thing I do know for sure and that's that the trails on Surrey Hills are a heck of a lot better than the graded, built tarmac strips we get at most purpose built trail centres.

Whafe - if you want to experience the best UK riding has to offer then DO NOT ride at a trail centre.

Go into the mountains and you will be blown away by the beauty of it all. Lakes, Highlands or Wales. Just not a trail centre.

While I agree with most of what your saying, not that I have ridden in surrey, The torridon loop and the old man of stoy are just two that are well worth the considerible trip north. However all the 7 stains, infact all the scottish trail centres, have so many other trails other than the tarmac highways you speak off. You just have to know where they are as most are closely guarded secrects to keep the weekenders off them. (plus you can get a cake at the end)

mtbr member
    I think going for the most knarley terrain will probably also mean its the most difficult for a lot of peeps especially those in the SE to get to so its a bit of a compromise really. I had a wicked day out on the last one - not cos we rode anything super knarley (although I do like me a bit of N Downs action) but more because it was fun meeting up with a load of Nicolai bods. Im keen for a meet up and will just go with the consensus.
    www.essexhertsmtb.co.uk - Mountain Biking near London in the UK

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    but more because it was fun meeting up with a load of Nicolai bods
    Bingo! That's what it should be about.

Having said that I think Whafe would seriously love the high places we have to offer. It would be nice to show him the wilderness.

Cairngorm loop. B and B in Aviemore. Job done.

"Its All Good"
    Yep, in the end for me, it would be about catching up with as many of you on here as possible. We need to assess who is an axe murderer...

No seriously, I will go anywhere that the most people can get to.....

Be keen to see some new trails near by where we rode last time....

"Its All Good"
    Dude, if it came across like I didnt enjoy the riding last time, that is incorrect, had an absolute blast.... Was meaning more rocky tech type stuff from the view point that we dont have much of that terrain in New Zealand...

Could always have a Nicolai get together in New Zealand

If Surrey Hills is the best spot for the concensus, am all cool and the gang...

Quote Originally Posted by 5c0tty
    Me and Kermit are up for it :-)

Hard core trails in the Surrey Hills :-) Take a look at the link these photo's where taken about 5 min's ride from the L-Hill tower...

http://www.singletrackworld.com/foru...p-near-abinger

Geetee will back me up on this but we now have an even larger network of amazing trails on our doorstep two hills we did not even touch last time with some trails that a year ago did not even exist ! There is a video on line of Geetee in the snow playing on one of the trails. Also 2 weekends ago we rode Pitch Hill and there where 3 other Nicolai's out without even planing a meet...

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Yep, in the end for me, it would be about catching up with as many of you on here as possible. We need to assess who is an axe murderer... ..
    Oh ohh, better not do any Jung profiling then

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast