Thread: T shirt tastic

mtbr member

T shirt tastic

Does anyone sell the Nicolai Tshirts in a shop in the uk?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I brought mine direct from Simon at Nicolai UK

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by norcosam
    I brought mine direct from Simon at Nicolai UK
    cheers sam, whats simon's name on here might send him a message

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Here you go

simon@nicolai-uk.com

mtbr member
    cheers sam your star. hows the ccdb on your FR? Now my frame is all paid off im thinking its time to stick one plus a few more things on finance myself.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    The CCDB was excellent on the FR,But i have sold the Fr now and brought an ION-ST with a Vivid coil on it.Very good shock,i am very surprised by the performance of it.This is my latest toy,

mtbr member
    dude that looks mint! would look uber cool with a set of BOS forks
    ive got a pimped session 88 downhill bike so use the FR as a long travel trail bike, what do you think the ccdb would be like peddling?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    CCDB on mine pedaled very well.You need to adjust in some LSC and LSR to remove the pedal bob,I found on mine that it only needed a turn on each.Did plenty of 20+ mile XC rides on the Fr with double barrel and lyrik coils,Its a great all round bike and pedals well.The only thing i found was it was a compromise for both XC and DH,it did both but wasnt brilliant at either.

Would love a set of Bos but ,I brought it second hand of of Whafe on here.I have changed a few things on it.Going to lower the bars and maybe fit flat bars to it,Its very high on the front.

mtbr member
    yeah kinda feel the same way it was gonna be my only do everything bike but then decided to bite the bullet and get a full on dh bike to race again. Prob would of gone for an AM if i had the choice now. Fancy a CCDB and new 36 180's and doing passports next summer then see after that.

I used to ride mx so had to buy Renthals for the session, just wide enough and pretty dam low. def worth a look.
    What you gonna do with the Eastons? are they 31.8?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I brought mine as a do it all bike,Which it did sort of,I dont think there is such a bike.
    AC for me next and keep the ION.
    AC as a Trail /xc bike and the ION as a DH/FR monster what more can you ask for.

The bars are easton carbon DH bars 31.8mm,Not sure yet will keep them until i get the ride height correct.
    Had the Lyrik coil 170mm with DH damping,They were excellent and loved the rocks and roots,The Fox 40's are in a different class compared to the lyriks,Fox's eat everything big or small.

Loving the ION,Rides really well

mtbr member
    haha yeah my 40's have saved my ass on quite a few occasions!
    AC and ION does sound like a pretty dam good combination

Im gonna stick with the trek and FR for now, if the FR seems like its getting hard work or i wanna do longer rides again then might look at something different. Where do you ride?

Running same easton bars on my FR and managed to get a bargain Thomson 50mm stem of ebay. But when i went to fit it realised my bars aren't oversized version EPIC FAIL

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    The fox 40's are just buttery smooth and do the job.I hate the Fox axle though,compared to a maxle.
    I found the FR a struggle after about 25 miles of xc riding.I can usually do 30+ on a lighter xc bike(28/29lbs)

Didnt like the 50mm stem on my Fr found it awful for trail riding went with 70mm in the end with oversize bars

I live in Cornwall but try to ride everywhere and anywhere.Going to Afan in a couple of weeks and Gawton/tavi (http://www.woodlandriders.com/) a week after that.Going to hit the Seven stanes next year and might even hit Whistler again at the end of next summer.

mtbr member
    its an utter pain in the ass if you have to put the bike in the back of your car.

Yeah used to do merida marathons on my old hustler but cant see me doing that on the FR.

hmmm might try the 50mm stem with my old big earl bars then see how it goes. cheers for the heads up.

Afan is pretty good what trail you planning on riding? the wall and whites level are both good or if you've got the legs do W2. You been to Caan Woods? My misses lives in Plymouth so been down there a few times. If you get the chance check out Brechfa two awesome trails there.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I would try the stem as you say,Before getting new bars.

Went to Cann woods in March.Was ok loved the trail on the very Far right,Steep and loose.

Been to Cwmcarn and afan before love Whites and The wall,Usually ride whites in the morning and hit the wall in the afternoon.Done some of W2 though it was pointless,Seemed to be mostly fireroad tracks that were boring as hell,Final descent was ok.I am there for 3 days so will do them all.Probably ride Cwmcarn on the last day on route home.
    Never been to Brechfa,will have a look
    Where do you live?

mtbr member
    you doing uplift at Cwmcarn on dh bike or riding Twrch trail?
    W2 is Whites and the Wall together so you should have done both the descents.

Brechfa is def worth checkin out although best in the dry. Its one of my fave trail centres but is a right mission to find!

I live up in Leeds but am from Wales (The Promised Land) originally. Load of my mates still live in Cardiff and mid wales so know most of the riding there.

You been over to the alps? Awesome riding with a dh bike and proper downhill tracks. I do fancy Whistler but kinda want to do Are in Sweden first.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Riding the Twrch,Will try and get uplift later on in the year if i can.
    The trail i rode at Afan involved riding past the Whites level turning and heading out on miles of fireroads,It was boring,This was a few years ago.Usually ride Whites several times.

Never been to the Alps but would like to go,Also would like to go to Norway and ride Hafjell Bike Park.
    Whistler was awesome,The best riding,every track was different and flowed well.

"Its All Good"
    Get a room you two.......
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Pipe down Whafe!

Actually Whafe don't suppose you know anyone looking for a sparky in NZ? getting fed up of the uk, its just rain and chavs!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Get a room you two.......

Wanna make it a threesome

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by norcosam
    Wanna make it a threesome

internet dating, the odds are good but the goods are odd! haha

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by shakeyakey
    Pipe down Whafe!

Actually Whafe don't suppose you know anyone looking for a sparky in NZ? getting fed up of the uk, its just rain and chavs!
    I am certain it wouldnt be difficult to get a role as a Sparky in NZ...... Have to say we have had a fair amount of rain also... But the days are getting longer by the day, it is no longer pitch dark driving to work... Yeah ha, Bring on Spring and Summer....

Now a 3 Some would be great, but prefer the woman species.....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    I am certain it wouldnt be difficult to get a role as a Sparky in NZ...... Have to say we have had a fair amount of rain also... But the days are getting longer by the day, it is no longer pitch dark driving to work... Yeah ha, Bring on Spring and Summer....

Now a 3 Some would be great, but prefer the woman species.....

Yeah but least you have proper seasons not just 12 months of drizzle like here!

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by shakeyakey
    Yeah but least you have proper seasons not just 12 months of drizzle like here!
    Hear you on that, am trying hard to be polite about the weather in the UK, Wales etc... When it is great in summer, it is magic, but unfortuantly, that lasts what, 9 weeks per summer max!

So yes, the NZ weather is rocking great

mtbr member
    Hear you on that, am trying hard to be polite about the weather in the UK, Wales etc... When it is great in summer, it is magic, but unfortuantly, that lasts what, 9 weeks per summer max!

So yes, the NZ weather is rocking great

9 weeks?!!! we get one week of sunshine followed by a thunderstorm!!

mtbr member
    Sam dont suppose you know anyone down your way who would be interested in my girlfriends hardly used pitch pro?