"Its All Good"

Stunning Winters Day

Woke to a very chilly Auckland morning, got down to 3 deg C on the drive out to Woodhill, BUT we were graced with not a cloud in the sky, this is unusual for Auckland. However it is raining now...

The trails were in perfect order, it was one of those days where the weather was so good it made the ride quite surreal. However I couldnt man up to do this drop jump I wanted to do. Momentus was so patient too.... Another day.....

No real action shots sorry, just taking in the great weather......

Momentus has some pics of me leaving my balls in the warm bed at home and not doing this drop...

Momentus is loving these new UST tyres....

The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    whafe, I heard good things about the RQ's...are you tempted to try them?

steep fast and loose :)
    monster drop

invite's in the post, right

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    That drop looks sweet.
    I wouldnt worry about not hitting it.If it wasnt feeling quite right its best to walk/ride away.
    It will be there next time.

"Its All Good"
    ryates - Yes Momentus is liking the RQ's UST, he rode them last weekend first on the Heli Lift ride, again Thursday night and today, he is liking them, I will look at them, they are very expensive here in New Zealand, hold your breath, retail is 170.00 NZD per tyre!!!!!!

TLR - Invite is always there for you peeps to come down to NZ, will set you up good for sure.

norcosam - as with most photos, looks pretty easy, am confident I can do it no worries (& dont mean that from wanky view point) but wasnt feeling the love today. Tend to think about things more as I get older.....

Am sure Momentus will post a few pics of me up on the structure trying to grow some balls and ride it...... Always another day for sure......
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Whafe- Know what you mean mate i am 35 and it hurts big time when things go wrong and i have a missus and 2 kids and a mortgage.
    I have walked away from drops and jumps and gone back a week later and hit them first run.
    I broke a bone in my wrist 9 weeks ago,its a long story but i thought i had sprained it,turns out i had snapped one of the small bones in my wrist,didnt know until i had it x-rayed this week.Its now set in the right place and all is good.
    I am off trail riding for 3 days in wales(uk) tommorrow and cant wait.Me and 4 mates
    I am going here
    http://www.mbwales.com/en/content/cm...rest_park.aspx

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by norcosam
    Whafe- Know what you mean mate i am 35 and it hurts big time when things go wrong and i have a missus and 2 kids and a mortgage.
    I have walked away from drops and jumps and gone back a week later and hit them first run.
    I broke a bone in my wrist 9 weeks ago,its a long story but i thought i had sprained it,turns out i had snapped one of the small bones in my wrist,didnt know until i had it x-rayed this week.Its now set in the right place and all is good.
    I am off trail riding for 3 days in wales(uk) tommorrow and cant wait.Me and 4 mates
    I am going here
    http://www.mbwales.com/en/content/cm...rest_park.aspx
    Hear you on your comments, I am only 36, but when it goes wrong, the body doesnt bounce back like it used to, also need to go to work on a Monday, to pay bills and for my daughter....

Glad you sorted your wrist in the end, those injuries are not cool. Hope wrist heals up good. Enjoy your riding in Wales, make sure you post up loads of pictures for us....

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Hear you on your comments, I am only 36, but when it goes wrong, the body doesnt bounce back like it used to, also need to go to work on a Monday, to pay bills and for my daughter....

Glad you sorted your wrist in the end, those injuries are not cool. Hope wrist heals up good. Enjoy your riding in Wales, make sure you post up loads of pictures for us....
    My wrist still aches and can be a bit painful the doctors seem to think its ligament damage,i will be wearing my wrist brace whilst riding.
    This is the nicolai forum and i am riding a turner spot 08 at the moment( will have nicolai this year).
    I will be using my archos bullet cam to record all the descents(until i run out of memory cards or batteries)

from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    Agree'd TLR's and me were at the Lecht yesterday for some lift assisted riding
    Its like a big BMX track that snakes down the hill, i have a few non action shots i'll post but just from my iphone so dont expect anything special!

TLR's had a pretty big off and did some damage! Get well soon hehe

I must say the FR was working a treat! I chucked some 2.5 UST highrollers on for the day and they bloody rock!
    Visit - www.gravity-sports.co.uk - Exclusive high end MTB Products

steep fast and loose :)
    they don't rock as hard as my big betty's + monster off spectacular - i was still pinning it even though a trip to A&E today ensued

no long term damage - minor concussion and a bruised pelvis and a busted rear brake and missing hose guides - so i went for a blast on the Hardtail today instead

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Yes Momentus is liking the RQ's UST

Am sure Momentus will post a few pics of me up on the structure trying to grow some balls and ride it...... Always another day for sure......
    Am loving the Rubber Queens, seem to roll pretty well and have a semi square profile so don't turn too fast. More testing this weekend... so far twwo thumbs up

The ride in...

Nearly there...

At the top...

And some fungus for good measure...

"El Whatever"
    Whafe!!!!

Long time no see, bro!

Glad to see you're doing good, riding lots and close to your little angel. Kudos, man!!

Best of best, as always!

BTW... winter... damn... and we're not even in summer and we're above 40C around here. God, I miss a winter!
    Check my Site

Members who have read this thread: 0