mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Some shots from today - UFO

"Its All Good"
    Good work, great pictures, keep the action shots coming..

Dont get enough action shots on the Nicolai board.....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

'All over it!'
    Nice shots there, where were they taken?

from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    Awesome pics, looks like a fun twisty bit - Why the dialled bikes decals on the forks? Dya have some link to dialled? Great company used to love my KobeTi.
    Visit - www.gravity-sports.co.uk - Exclusive high end MTB Products

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Hmmm, I was with some guys today doing trail maintenance over on Holmburry Hill and one of them (don't know his name but he was on a Yeti blue cotic single speed) was describing a guy a kawa green UFO and orange bomber forks.

Now there can't be too many bikes matching that description!

mtbr member
    Nice photos solamanda. I take it you haven't had much snow wherever that is? The ground looks surprisingly dry.

mtbr member
    Looks north downish - bro if there is some good DH there apart from barrys and summer u have got to hook me up!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by geetee1972
    Hmmm, I was with some guys today doing trail maintenance over on Holmburry Hill and one of them (don't know his name but he was on a Yeti blue cotic single speed) was describing a guy a kawa green UFO and orange bomber forks.
    Were you talking to a guy called John, quite skinny early 30s guy? He also rides a Turner.

Quote Originally Posted by lornibear
    Nice shots there, where were they taken?
    They're taken at Rogate, which is some short dh trails near Petersfield/Hindhead. Lots to play on there.

Quote Originally Posted by derekr
    Why the dialled bikes decals on the forks? Dya have some link to dialled
    Three reasons, Mike who runs dialled is a mate so I've had a few of his bikes. Secondly I botched up the paintjob on the forks and wanted a quick fix to hide the poor job and thirdly, I'm waaaay too tight to pay £25 odd for some offical decals so thought the dialled decals would look good.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Karve do you know about the short DH (ish) track that runs off Summer Lightening? It's fun and very worthwhile, far better than Summer Lightening itself.

Also, there is a nice (again short) run from the top of Deliverance that runs down to the green lane near the start of Summer Lightening, I think called Waggledance or it could be Regurgitator. This is great fun, rooty, has a decent gradient, nice turns that you can blast.

On Pitch Hill, over at the back, there is a very short but very steep and very technical DH run, that's easily as difficult to ride fast as anything you'll get in Wales. Think of it as a 30 second version of an NPS course. This is over the back of Pitch, running of the track that takes you from the top where the seat is, over to the top car park at the Windmill. It's about 200m down from the seat, on the left.

There are loads of others that are all ten times better than BKB or SL, but they are all short.

mtbr member
    Solly - Poseur!

one of them (don't know his name but he was on a Yeti blue cotic single speed)
    Yup that was me. <<waves>>

There's a few more fun DHish trails too hidden about the place. They're in varying states of repair though. Did the one off the back of Pitch in the afternoon after we'd finished digging.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Edwards
    Solly - Poseur!
    That's me. How are you these days?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by geetee1972
    Karve do you know about the short DH (ish) track that runs off Summer Lightening? It's fun and very worthwhile, far better than Summer Lightening itself.

Also, there is a nice (again short) run from the top of Deliverance that runs down to the green lane near the start of Summer Lightening, I think called Waggledance or it could be Regurgitator. This is great fun, rooty, has a decent gradient, nice turns that you can blast.

On Pitch Hill, over at the back, there is a very short but very steep and very technical DH run, that's easily as difficult to ride fast as anything you'll get in Wales. Think of it as a 30 second version of an NPS course. This is over the back of Pitch, running of the track that takes you from the top where the seat is, over to the top car park at the Windmill. It's about 200m down from the seat, on the left.

There are loads of others that are all ten times better than BKB or SL, but they are all short.
    Cheers mate - I think I know where those three are - im due a trip back up there some time - have gotten fat and round over Christmas!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by solamanda
    some short dh trails near Petersfield/Hindhead. Lots to play on there.
    Nice! Is it worth the trip down there or is it more of a local thing? Where are u based?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I'm in NW London and drive 60 miles to get there. Where are you?

Members who have read this thread: 0