Drink...sleep

Some action from the Peak District, UK

To up the Nicolai stokage on this board, here's some Helius related pics of my trip to the Peak District (near Buxton) this weekend. Some great terrain, rocky, very technical, a lot rougher than the UK trail centres in Wales I've been to. In short: f'ing cool, highly recommended if you haven't been there yet! Of course, you never make enough pics when you're busy riding, but still a couple (and don't mind the look on my face ).
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Its All Good"
    Some good looking terrain there Boozz, good workout for the bike and body I bet.....

Good stokage, cant beat stokage...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

'All over it!'
    Looks good my friend, you will have to send me the route, weather looks good too!

mtbr member
    Lornibear
    My my that trail looks like hard work..
    The photo by the stream looks very nice and peaceful..
    What short are you wearing ?
    Nicolai Bikes in the South of England head to..
    http://www.head-for-the-hills.co.uk

Drink...sleep
    5c0tty, that's me .

We were very lucky with the weather. Saturday a bit rainy and cold, but good nonetheless, and Sunday just perfect. The descent on the last two photos was hard work for sure (hence the face). I must admit, I didn't clear a tiny section in the middle (further uphill in the second to last photo, you can just see a very big rock at the top of the trail). Tried it a couple of times, almost made it on the 3rd try, but called it a day after the 4th try, best left for next time. There were some extremely technical climbs as well with lots of big and loose rocks, and I have to say, the Nic does great on them, you hardly notice it's a heavy bike.

First battle scars on the Nic as well. I took a dive on a rocky descent, rolled down a 10 something meter drop down the side of the trail (luckily it was covered in grass), but the Nic hit the rocks on the trail unfortunately. Some nasty chips in the chainstay. Lets say I'm just personalising it

Oh, the shorts I'm wearing are Sombrio Badass shorts. Not recommended in this colour if you hit the dirt/grass/tyres once in a while . Silver coloured saddles also not recommended, it's more like brown/green now.

Lorni, we had a guide from Cyclestaffordshire, but I'm sure I can find out the exact route from them if you like.

'All over it!'
    Sounds good and 5c0tty, I wish it was me. I think with my track record it would have been certain death, especially with the knee the way it is. I agree with the personalising, after the tree episode, my NICOLAI stickers are a bit worse for wear and had to order some new bars, I think I came off worse! I might try a guided route, sounds rather fun.

mtbr member
    Whoops not sure how I managed to get the wrong rider...
    Nicolai Bikes in the South of England head to..
    http://www.head-for-the-hills.co.uk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozzz
    First battle scars on the Nic as well. I took a dive on a rocky descent, rolled down a 10 something meter drop down the side of the trail (luckily it was covered in grass), but the Nic hit the rocks on the trail unfortunately. Some nasty chips in the chainstay. Lets say I'm just personalising it
    Sounds like the nic got off lightly mate! Awsome looking trail.. I can well imagine rocking down that on mine!

"Its All Good"
    Gotta love the battle scars, my fork has taken the brunt of the scars....

All good, bring on the mass bunch of Nioclai's real soon
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"