Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    "Its All Good"

Good job! Some 2011 Nicolai Updates

Hi All

Got some tid bits from Nicolai as to a few changes with the Nicolai offerings for 2011.... Some sweet as little changes in my book...

And for all you non believers the Helius AC 29er is going to be in the line up (yeah baby)

- UFO ST 2011 Hammerschmidt ready

- Argon CC geometry update perfectly fitted 120mm forks, more sloping top tube

- Argon ROCC / CC 29" standard geometry / without tailor made upcharge

- Helius AC 29" standard geometry without tailor made upcharge (YEAH HA)

- Nucleon E2 Mix of an ION ST and G-Boxx I technology based on Rohloff technique.

- Representing a hamemrschmidt pimp kit. (this sounds sick & yummy)

Have taken wording direct from the Nicolai team... Thanks Karl & Vincent for these tid bits, very much appreciated...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Whafe- Whats the Hammersmidt one all about,Be nice if they could make it lighter,From what i have heard Sram/Truvativ have done nothing to the Hammersmidt this year and probably never will again.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Im surprised there isnt any light weight after market options for the HS floating around yet

Edit: Just thinking down the line but are Nicolai bikes pre-faced for the fitting of the HS?
    Last edited by wpuk; 08-14-2010 at 04:40 AM.

"El Whatever"
    Good to see my AC doesn't go through changes...
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Already heard about the Argon CC standard 29er because I ordered one right before Eurobike and I was told to wait a couple of weeks before the order was submitted to the factory as it would no longer be a custom option and would be much cheaper.

Will post some pictures when the frame arrives. I'm now up to two Nicolai frames ordered within two months ... my Helius AFR hasn't even arrived yet!

Edit - I was also told that the Argon CC 29er will still be designed around at 100mm fork.
    Last edited by IanMmmm; 08-14-2010 at 11:59 AM.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by norcosam
    Whafe- Whats the Hammersmidt one all about,Be nice if they could make it lighter,From what i have heard Sram/Truvativ have done nothing to the Hammersmidt this year and probably never will again.
    Norcosam - Yeah am thinking that this will be exactly that, some sort of kit to make it lighter.... These are assumptions from me, but if in fact Nicolai are building a "pimp kit" for the HammerS, I guess this really puts to bed their own design.... Be interesting to see what comes of this... Will probe for a little more info.....

Am sure that it can be made far lighter.....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by wpuk
    Edit: Just thinking down the line but are Nicolai bikes pre-faced for the fitting of the HS?
    It is for sure an optional upgrade on a good many frames. So that is pretty much a yes...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Norcosam - Yeah am thinking that this will be exactly that, some sort of kit to make it lighter.... These are assumptions from me, but if in fact Nicolai are building a "pimp kit" for the HammerS, I guess this really puts to bed their own design.... Be interesting to see what comes of this... Will probe for a little more info.....

Am sure that it can be made far lighter.....

Sounds interesting.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe

- Argon CC geometry update perfectly fitted 120mm forks, more sloping top tube

- Argon ROCC / CC 29" standard geometry / without tailor made upcharge
    Has the 29er CC standard geometry been revealed yet?

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1977
    Has the 29er CC standard geometry been revealed yet?
    Just checked the website @ nicolai.net and there isnt any updated geo to indicate what the 29er will be....

Am certain it will be updated in the near future....

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I don't think there will be any updates to the site until Eurobike ends, which is the 4th of September.

steep fast and loose :)
    hammerschmidt is a white elephant......
    apparently being dropped in 2011 !

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lecht_Rocks
    hammerschmidt is a white elephant......
    apparently being dropped in 2011 !
    Now where did you hear that? Or did you just dream it up (link would be handy!)? I can't see it being dropped since it has proved it's place in the market place with both bike manufacturers and after market. It might not be perfect but neither is the front dérailleur but at least it allows you to run a double up front on the new breed of larger travel bikes where a front mech reaches it's limits.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by IanMmmm
    I don't think there will be any updates to the site until Eurobike ends, which is the 4th of September.
    Totally agree.....Thanks for giving me the correct date, mind was not active

"Its All Good"
    TLR - Is that a Scottish TLR apparently or a full on factual apparently?

Agree with sdr, it is by no means perfect, but think it has its place..... Possibly with all the purpose built 2 x 10 set ups, it may well be rendering the HS dead.....

Also I think there would be some pretty pissed manufactures whom have specced bikes with the HS...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I think they put it on the back burner why they sorted out 10 speed.I would be surprised if they drop it,They must have invested a lot of money in the the design and testing and manufacturer of all the parts.

"El Whatever"
    It still is on Truvativ's page...
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    It still is on Truvativ's page...
    ... and how often do manufacturers update their sites?

If the HammerSchmickle is to be scrapped I'm damn glad I've already got one... and will probably look for another... I love mine... I am HammerSchmidten

local trails rider
    The Nicolai website looks new now. (been weeks since I last looked)

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

New

Yeah, the website has definitely been revamped.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by thepimpmessiah
    ... and how often do manufacturers update their sites?

If the HammerSchmickle is to be scrapped I'm damn glad I've already got one... and will probably look for another... I love mine... I am HammerSchmidten

I dunno but SRAM's one shows 2011 stuff... we'll see.

As for Nicolai's new page, I'm kinda disappointed... it looks very cool, I must admit. But on my slow connection it's a pain and I just hate flash based pages. Too heavy and little to add.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    The new designed website (by the great Japanese artist Hoshi YOSHIDA) has many, many errors yet. The 2009 website ist still active for now.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm6
    The new designed website (by the great Japanese artist Hoshi YOSHIDA) has many, many errors yet. The 2009 website ist still active for now.
    It certainly needs some fixing up, am sure it will be good in the long run, but have to say at present, not great..... Look forward to seeing it humming...

local trails rider
    Did you see the custom "track bike" at http://nicolai-colors.blogspot.com/ ?

I have some nice rolling country roads in the area...

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by perttime
    Did you see the custom "track bike" at http://nicolai-colors.blogspot.com/ ?

I have some nice rolling country roads in the area...
    It just oozes that I am a very F-ing fast bike!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast