mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Show your NICOLAI Argon CC/RoCC 29ers

Hi there! whafe is very working in presenting his beautifull Helius 29ers. I think itīs time to collect the few Argon 29ers that were rolling out from the NICOLAI Homebase into the world.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Here we go...my Argon RoCC 29er equipped with Gates Carbon Drive! Frame size L

german winter weather

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    This one seen on NICOLAI Blog

from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    They look great nice one, so much for the 29" thing being a fad!
    Visit - www.gravity-sports.co.uk - Exclusive high end MTB Products

"Its All Good"
    Great thread, the Argon 29ers are awesome. Could well be a Nicolai groundswell with 29ers...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Wow, that 29er with Lefty fork sure looks distinctive, like some kind of optical illusion where someone put a spare wheel close to the camera.

Vertexto - how does the Gates go with (German winter) mud, in terms of during the ride and cleaning afterwards?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tantrumizer
    Wow, that 29er with Lefty fork sure looks distinctive, like some kind of optical illusion where someone put a spare wheel close to the camera.

Vertexto - how does the Gates go with (German winter) mud, in terms of during the ride and cleaning afterwards?
    My bike is very new, just had a few dirty days riding on the bike. So far it is awesome. The belt is very silent (can compare it to a clean fresh oiled drive train) if the belt gets very dirty with mud and sand it makes a little scrunchy sound (but even then feels better than a chain), after few minutes spinning it is as silent like before and feels again like a very clean, fresh oiled chain drive train. That is one big advantage in my eyes.

When it comes to cleaning the bike there is another big benefit in my eyes. Just hose the dirt down with a soft brush and the whole bike looks like new. No waterresistent emulsion of grease and dirt on derailleur and drivetrain that has to be wiped away, no re-greasing - nothing.

I wanted to create a very clean looking bike with low maintenance demand. I think it worked out. I will keep you updated!

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by vertexto
    I wanted to create a very clean looking bike with low maintenance demand. I think it worked out. I will keep you updated!
    In my mind, a HUGE success for a very clean looking sleek bike, it is a stunner...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Vertexto,

that is a very nice Argon. What colour is this ? Are you running a Rohloff hub ?

Do you mind me asking how tall you are ?

Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Testmaen
    Vertexto,

that is a very nice Argon. What colour is this ? Are you running a Rohloff hub ?

Do you mind me asking how tall you are ?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi Testmaen

Iīm running the bike with a Alfine 11 Speed. By now it works great. Iīm 186cm high with 92cm inseam, so I have very long legs for my height. The bike fit me like a tailormade frame The colour is silver anodised.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Vertexto - I dont suppose you weighed the frame before you built it did you?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridefastridefree
    Vertexto - I dont suppose you weighed the frame before you built it did you?
    My frame with slideable dropouts for singlspeed, Alfine or Rohloff (or Chaindrive if you like) it at 1,9..kg. The Argon CC for chain drive is about 100gr less. My complete bike is at 11,05 tubeless with pedals and bottlecage.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Awesome mate, thanks!

blet drive
    so nice
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.