Thread: rooting cables

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

rooting cables

Hi

I have ordered a Helius AC but I might have done a stupid option with the rooting of the rear brake cable

Because I'll have the Rohloff cables on the down/left side of the down tube I've asked the clips for the rear brake cable on the down side of the top tube and going along the rear triangle, just to make it more clean.

Do you think it is a "big" problem... maybe I can still change it!!

from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    I think Nicolai do a nae bad job of getting the routing correct so to change it is at your own peril.
    Visit - www.gravity-sports.co.uk - Exclusive high end MTB Products

Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by hmpoliveira
    Hi

I have ordered a Helius AC but I might have done a stupid option with the rooting of the rear brake cable

Because I'll have the Rohloff cables on the down/left side of the down tube I've asked the clips for the rear brake cable on the down side of the top tube and going along the rear triangle, just to make it more clean.

Do you think it is a "big" problem... maybe I can still change it!!
    That's how the brake was routed until the most recent change and it was fine so if you prefer it like that and Nicolai have agreed to do it I'd not worry. You need to be careful of cable rub, as always.
    Simon Still
    Momentum Distribution
    www.nicolai-uk.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolai-uk
    That's how the brake was routed until the most recent change and it was fine so if you prefer it like that and Nicolai have agreed to do it I'd not worry. You need to be careful of cable rub, as always.
    Great Simon!! Thanks

"Its All Good"
    I would prefer to route my cables, I dont think rooting them would give much pleasure

I have the old routing on my FR, no issues at all, accept as Simon mentions, watch for some cable rub.... 3M thick clear stuff is your friend....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"El Whatever"
    I don't think it's a problem. As other have said, just watch out cable rub.

I have a standard (no custom options added) AC and actually, I had a very muddy ride recently (muddy as in big mudcakes blocking the wheel completely from stopping) and while I think that no design would have done much better, I found the bottom of the bike to be a little "busy", especially for normal bikes like mine that have both shifter lines and the rear brake going around the BB area.

Mud accumulates easier and you could move off lines while trying to remove mud off from it. Other than that it's very clean. I see it being a problem in this very particular situations as loose mud (the kind that gets YOU and the bike all muddy) is no issue at all and in dry conditions is no problem at all.
    Check my Site