Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Regular Nicolai Forum Posters Helius FR's

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  lornibear 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all

My small brain is having trouble remembering all our regular posters Helius FR's....

Can you post a picture of your bike, so we can refresh our minds....

Mine attached....

Couldnt resist posting this pic, coming home last night as the sun was setting...

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
hey hey hey what is this? ... this is down-right discrimination!!! :p
just because of extra gussets and stiffer rear ends and the ability to take a larger tyre ... true ... some have a slightly bigger head ... set ...

on another note ... please refresh my memory ... :thumbsup: ... always nice to see pics ...

#6 ·
chinaman - Throw down pro, post up your Helius FR no matter what vintage !

5c0tty - Your FR gives me goosebumps each time I see that picture, the white frame and white fork is stunning.......

#8 ·
5c0tty said:
Thanks Whafe

I'm just back from 4 days riding in North Wales in the UK..
Over 130km covered and what a blast ! North Wales in the UK Rocks. There where a couple of time where I though I was back in the Alps !
Photos to follow but no real good jump shots.
Great to hear that you have had 4 days of riding, that would do me the world of good... Any photos are good photos.... Bring them on, start a thread of 130Km of trails covered....:thumbsup:

#9 · (Edited)
Whafe said:
... chinaman - Throw down pro, post up your Helius FR no matter what vintage ...
:rolleyes: i only have a CC ... just waiting for more word on the AM before deciding (we'll leave this discussion to the other thread) ...

was at Afan Forest over the last weekend ... what a rush ...

but seeing all those FR pixs here is making me quite :yikes:

just nice to see pics of a great ride ...

#14 ·
Do we have a FR in action thread?

Was at Woburn this weekend.. some big lines there these days....heres a vid
of us doing a gap.. no crashes but some sketchy front nose action

I was the guinea pig doing the first run but im #3 in this edit

The only crash we had during the day was one of the fellas pushing his bike back up one of the hills.. Lost his footing and fell 5 ft into a bramble bush.. effin hysterical!

One of those classic days where sessioning with friends is just so much fun!

#15 ·
A Question for Helius FR Owners . . .

Does the seat tube length ever bother you? It seems to be inordinately long (18.7" for a medium) on the Helius FR for its intended purpose. I think it might be hard to get behind the seat with that seat tube length. I really like the numbers on this frame with that exception. Chop a couple of inches off of the seat tube and I think it would be about perfect.

BTW, good looking bikes in this thread.

#16 ·
Pinch said:
Does the seat tube length ever bother you? It seems to be inordinately long (18.7" for a medium) on the Helius FR for its intended purpose. I think it might be hard to get behind the seat with that seat tube length. I really like the numbers on this frame with that exception. Chop a couple of inches off of the seat tube and I think it would be about perfect.
For a little extra cash Nicolai will do that for you. AFAIK shortening the seat tube (and removing the braces) costs much less than going full custom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.