mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Question for Helius owners

Firmly holding onto your saddle with one hand and holding your rear tyre with the other,
    do you get any sort of play in the bottom pivot near the pivot when you wriggle it around?

I'm getting significant movement in that region, not enough to notice whilst riding but I was only alerted to it by a mate who was giving my Nic a once-over.

I've discussed and shown it to the Aussie Nicolai importer and he says it just needs tightening, including the two preload (?) bolts just behind the pivot bracket.
    It has been tightened and there's still a bit of play.

Can anyone else shed some light on this? Surely it can't be the needle bearings?
    The bike is currently at another Nicolai dealer and will be looked at on Tuesday, but any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Mike

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I think my frame is still too new to be showing any signs of wear in the bearings and I certainly don't have any of the play you've described. It would be good for future reference though if you could post up what the problem was (when you know) and how it was fixed. Cheers.

mtbr member
    Ive had that on previous bikes and its always the shock bushings. How long u had it dude?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I'm its second owner, so no guesses as to what it was put thru in its previous life.
    Fingers crossed it's just the bushings.

mtbr member
    May 2006

Might need some spacers

Here to shed some light on the subject. I am a US dealer it either needs spacers to take the slack up we had that problem with a large frame and it fixes it or you need to redo the area by taking it apart and resemble it back together either one of those should fix the problem

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Cheers for your response. Hopefully, I'll get a full diagnosis today from the LBS.