mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Preload bolt loosening.

Hey guys,

I have a Helius AM and the preload bolt on the pivot above the bb loosens up halfway through a ride. Is it a good idea to put threadlock on it? I didn't have this problem the first year I used it. The locking bolt is butted against the preload bolt.

I am still amazed how this frame just plain works the geometry is perfect for me on the uphills and downhills. I wanna change up my frame to try other the popular frames. But I always can't see why should I !!!

Cheers

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I have never had this problem,I always adjust and then pinch the grub screw,and it has never moved.

I wouldmt use threadlock as i think you will struggle to undo it the next time it needs adjusting

mtbr member
    Shouldn't really happen if grub scre is nipped but thread lock will be fine as long as its the easy to undo stuff. That or spoke freeze. Both are designed to be undone
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

flash bikes for flash gits

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dipper View Post
    Shouldn't really happen if grub scre is nipped but thread lock will be fine as long as its the easy to undo stuff. That or spoke freeze. Both are designed to be undone
    ok thanks I'll try the blue threadlocker when i get a chance and report if it works out. what do you mean by "nipped" ?

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Should have read 'grub screw is nipped up'. Means tightened but not so much you round out the grub screw.
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

flash bikes for flash gits

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bill34di View Post
    ok thanks I'll try the blue threadlocker when i get a chance and report if it works out. what do you mean by "nipped" ?

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
    I would use the Loctite Red if possible.Blue is for 6mm-19mm threads and may be difficult to remove once set

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by norcosam View Post
    I would use the Loctite Red if possible.Blue is for 6mm-19mm threads and may be difficult to remove once set
    red needs heat to be undone. blue is the way to go

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Sorry My mistake,Meant to Say Purple loctite(222)

You are correct red needs heat.