mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Powder-coat vs anodize

Hi

I'd appreciate some advice on the durability of powder coat vs anodize finish.

I'm just about to place a order for a Helius CC with Rohloff specific fittings. A little extravagant as I already had a CC with conventional gear set up.

I simply like the bike so much I want to have a second bike built up for winter foul weather use, and I happen to have a Rohloff Speedhub.

My only dilemma is what colour / finish should I go for? My current frame is ano bronze, but I'd like to have the frame look a little different to the geared version.

How durable is the powder coating ? remember that this frame will be ridden in the worst that the Welsh weather can throw at it.

Ano black is a default (no extra cost finish, whereas the ano bronze does come at a premium extra cost).

In powder coat - like the look of gloss copper.

Any long term use of either finish would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    My White FR is still looking like new after 5 months use in the South of England mud and a fair few days ripping it up in South and North Wales.

I have taped the most of the major wear areas as I do like my bikes to stay looking as good as the day it was first built.

A small amount of chain suck has caused some damage but not to much I can do about this :-(

All the best with the new bike and to be honest all the Nicolai paint job's rock..
    Nicolai Bikes in the South of England head to..
    http://www.head-for-the-hills.co.uk

"Its All Good"
    Agree with 5c0tty......

Am stoked with my paint job on my Helius FR............. It hasnt been in a Welsh winter though, but it has taken a beating............

Best of luck, please post your new Rohloff stead up on here...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"