biking is fun

It pains me but its got to be done...ufo st for sale

like it says, i got my baby 4 months ago but just go too good of a deal on an intense SS so im selling it
    i know this is spam but its nicolai spam so it ok....right? i want my baby to go to a new home, hopefully with other nicolai's to play with

anway

2007 black ano size medium
    rear shock - either manitou revox or almost new 08 dhx coil (also have a titanium 350 coil that fit either of the shocks)
    rear maxle
    seatpost and headset

pm me, depending on what you want will determine the price

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thats harsh fella,check out some of the UK forum threads re the SS first!!!!

biking is fun
    Quote Originally Posted by ridingscared
    Thats harsh fella,check out some of the UK forum threads re the SS first!!!!
    what are they saying? the guy i ride with has one and loves it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    not my opinion,haven't got one (Intense that is)
    http://www.descent-world.co.uk/forum...c,51324.0.html

"Its All Good"
    Sad to hear you are selling your baby, have you ridden an Intense SS to give you a comparison with your UFO ST?

Am sure it would be worth riding both if you havnt....

Best of luck with the sale of the frame though, grab yourself an MTBR Classified add to help with selling her too....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

'All over it!'
    It would be uber cool if you were to be able to give us a ride comparrison between the two whatever your choice may be in the future..... I do like the UFO ST

biking is fun
    I have ridden Err's SS around the street and on a the trail a little. not really enough to make a decision but thats sadly how i buy bikes. sometimes i regret it and other times i dont. this honestly might be one of those regret times.

I can only afford one bike right now and i mainly do AM with a the occasional FR/DH. i pedal up atleast 75% of the time. so inlight of this here are the reasons im doing it

The TT on the nicolai was too short for effective pedaling for my height (just over 6 feet). what is it 22.3 or something like that wheras the SS is 23.5. i was almost upright on it and i had to buy a longer stem then im used to. now if i had the large it would have been better.

The VPP and slightly less travel should help with the pedalling uphill. and i know the SS has a short seattube but its still .5 inches taller then the UFO

The SS is 2-3 pounds lighter of a frame. i think the ufo's are just under 13 with a shock and the SS is in the 9 pound range. im 170 pounds and ride light so im not to worried about having a overbuilt frame.

Last i always wanted to try a "fancy" suspension design. i have had 3 bikes and all have been single pivot. not that its bad but i want to be able to compare.

well thats all the reasons i can think of. if i could have 2 bikes i would love to keep the UFO and turn it into FR/DH only. id put a fox 40 or the new boxxers that are coming out on it and run it at 195 in the back. but for what im doing this feels like what would be best for my stlye of riding.

now if i got a great deal on a Helius FR then i would be posting this same ad cause they fit all the criteria above. lighter weight, fancy suspension, longer TT, little less travel. but i found a deal on a SS first.

im sure a nicolai will make its way back into my bike stable in the future, once this college business is over with.