Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: shakeyakey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    228

    One happy FR owner

    i dont know whether it was the snow, the new CCDB, finding a new trail or just being back on the bike..... but had SOOOOOOOOOO much fun today!!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Karve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,431
    Cant beat the FR - still a wicked ride for me too
    www.essexhertsmtb.co.uk - Mountain Biking near London in the UK

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    898
    Have you thought about fitting a Cane Creek angle reducer head set? You could knock 1.5 degrees off the HA and drop the BB. That would really bring the FR alive I reckon.

    Still, very nice as is.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: shakeyakey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by geetee1972
    Have you thought about fitting a Cane Creek angle reducer head set? You could knock 1.5 degrees off the HA and drop the BB. That would really bring the FR alive I reckon.

    Still, very nice as is.
    Na, got a reset racing headset ready to fit with some float 180's soon. The frame is the last version of the FR designed for 180 forks

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,964
    Good bike the Fr,I miss mine.
    Looking nice there Shakeyakey

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    898
    Na, got a reset racing headset ready to fit with some float 180's soon.
    I have one on my AM - good luck fitting it! I had mine put in at the factory so I avoided the fight but I did have to get a CK Steelset into my Ion once upon a time. Actually the bike shop tried to fit it and ended up breaking their headset press!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    64
    for hadangle you also could slide top shock mount to next hole......

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: shakeyakey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by geetee1972
    I have one on my AM - good luck fitting it! I had mine put in at the factory so I avoided the fight but I did have to get a CK Steelset into my Ion once upon a time. Actually the bike shop tried to fit it and ended up breaking their headset press!
    It can't be any harder than the deep insertion fett reducer monster that's in now!! Haha

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Karve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by swizzroller
    for hadangle you also could slide top shock mount to next hole......
    Has anyone tried this? Any tyre contact?
    www.essexhertsmtb.co.uk - Mountain Biking near London in the UK

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    647
    Karve, no tyre contact because it reduces the travel (if you move it down a hole) if you move it up a hole, it increases the headangle and the travel.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: shakeyakey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    228
    I think he meant on the frame shock mount not the rocker link. Didn't you?

  12. #12
    Drink...sleep
    Reputation: Boozzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    567
    Yeah, you can slightly (really very slightly) reduce the headangle by moving the screws in the frame shockmount one hole forward. The black aluminium bit the shock mounts to will move a couple of mm forward that way. No issues with tyre contact.
    Like this:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •