Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Drink...sleep

Nicolais in Dorking: the pics

That was one great day of riding in the hills of Surrey, and I've learned to it's better to wear pads when you go do stupid stuff . All good though, definitely something to do again (the riding that is, not the crashing). Here is a selection of my pics.

Whafe doing a log ride

5c0tty doing the log ride

Whafe catching some air on a double

Lornibear, toughing it out on his bad knee.

Whafe doing a steep drop

Karve doing the drop

Chillin' out. Look at those bikes

Karve doing the 'Bishop's seat' drop

Some more chillin'. Some lovely weather we had.

"Its All Good"
    And he beat me to it....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"Its All Good"

Loads of pictures coming............

So after months of preparation form first mentioning it on the boards. "We should have a Nicolai meet in the UK" the weekend came to fruition...

We all met in Dorking, hard to say that name with a straight face... A quaint little town in the English countryside... Where by you cannot get a coffer after 6 in the PM and shops close at 5.30 in the PM...

5c0tty and his crew at put together a great ride plan, the trails are short here and a plent, so we ended up doing in excess of 33 miles, pretty much 95% off road. SO was a great day, the weather was primo.....

Great to meet you all, had an awesome day riding on some great trails.....

Let the pictures do the talking so to speak.....

Head For The Hills - Very cool bike shop, thank you for storing our bikes.... This store had 4 fully built Nicolai's in stock and 2 frames.... Yeah baby....

The Nicolai riders for the day..... Very cool to hang out....

The whole crew, Nicolai's, a Jones, A SexoGrid MotoLite and 2 Specialized steads..

The bikes up close and personal.............

Ride shots............

Last edited by Whafe; 06-08-2008 at 07:44 AM.
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"Its All Good"
    Some action shots........

Some scenery and Single Track

To Finish Off, Boozzz crashing at some severe speed.......

Drink...sleep
    Good photos there Whafe. Great meeting all you guys. I second the thanks to HFTH: great storing our bikes overnight to keep our minds at ease .

Now lets see some more pics guys

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Awesome pics, guys!

boy I'm jealous

I am about to go out for a short spin.... maybe that way I can finally get rid of this persistent cold...

'All over it!'
    Thanks to all that turned up! what an awesome days riding. It was really good to meet you all and hang out. Pictures are fantasitc and many thanks to all that posted. We must all meet up again before the end of the year and have a blast at a trail centre. If it's UK, I am more than willing to organise. A special thanks to HFTH bike shop in Dorking for storing our bikes overnight, the fantastic flap jack and even better early morning coffee. If only the Homers could do this........

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Legs are hurting a little this morning. A little more climbing than I'm used to. And as for those bl**dy rhodedendron bushes...!

Hope the rest of you had a good session today before Whafe had to fly back

mtbr member
    Great photo's brings it all flooding back like it was only yesterday...
    Its was great to have all everybody out for a ride.. Even better to turn up at Peaslake shop with not just one of the best bikes ever made but a whole fleet of them ;-)

Been out today and done the missing hill's from Saturdays ride... Just over 20 miles in the great weather.. Now well f----d... Off for dinner and a nice cold beer.
    Last edited by 5c0tty; 06-08-2008 at 02:02 PM.
    Nicolai Bikes in the South of England head to..
    http://www.head-for-the-hills.co.uk

wyrd bi ful rd
    it was excellant meeting up ... thanks to scotty for geting the route ... the ride was really really really good ... could not last the whole day ... after half the ride, I was holding the rest up ... cheers for waiting up ... kudos to you martin on your 29er single speed ... i think we should make this an annual thing eh!

mtbr member
    Hell yes... Same time next week it is then !
    Nicolai Bikes in the South of England head to..
    http://www.head-for-the-hills.co.uk

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by 5c0tty

'All over it!'

Dorking.......

Hey you boys, perhaps not next week, but when the knee is done, anytime for the whole day. A great route with great guys! There is no reason why us local lads can't meet up every couple of weeks for a ride. I hope to be able to make the whole route round next time depending on the knee. A great weekend for all! and all those international riders

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Great photo's brings it all flooding back like it was only yesterday...
    Its was great to have all everybody out for a ride.. Even better to turn up at Peaslake shop with not just one of the best bikes ever made but a whole fleet of them ;-)

Been out today and done the missing hill from Saturdays ride... Just over 20 miles in the great weather.. Now well f----d... Off for dinner and a nice cold beer.

I only saw one of the best bikes ever made and many very good German ones

wyrd bi ful rd
    i dont see why not ... hell, you guys go like the Kenyans in a marathon ... it will be good for me to lug this old ass round one more time ... but not next week eh! ... need about 1 month to get over the aches

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_uk
    I only saw one of the best bikes ever made and many very good German ones
    However, the best riders were on the German ones.

"Its All Good"
    Good stuff, just arrived to my hotel in Barcelona, loads of delays... All good though..

Cool to hear everyone had as much fun as I did....

Lorni - Hope the knee is getting better by the hour....

Boozzz - Hope your battered wounds are on the mend also.....

Till next time......

mtbr member
    Great photos guys, looks like the weather was kind.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by yetiman71
    Great photos guys, looks like the weather was kind.
    Yep, the weather was indeed very kind, awesome day out in the countryside...

Where we stopped for lunch has the best chicken samosa.... dam fine grub....

MidnightBroomstickCowboy
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe

Great riding and report. That shop is so Mom & Poppish I just want to buy a bike from there. As for the guy with the white helmet and the two wheeled antique

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by homeslice
    Great riding and report. That shop is so Mom & Poppish I just want to buy a bike from there. As for the guy with the white helmet and the two wheeled antique
    Yeah, has a really nice feel to it as a shop..... I liked it, would use it for sure if I lived int hat neck of the woods....

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Yeah, has a really nice feel to it as a shop..... I liked it, would use it for sure if I lived int hat neck of the woods....
    Nicolai, Dialled & Singular frames, lots of demo bikes, a good range of clothes and accessories and friendly staff. Everything an LBS should be. I felt guilty not buying anything.

mtbr member
    Wow everyone's done such a good job on the pics!

Great to meet you all and a fantastic turnout. The first of many I hope? Shame I couldn’t stay for a pint or too after. Really nice seeing everyone else's machines. 5c0tty and Hei hei cheers for showing me 20k of trails I never knew existed.. Despite riding dorking for a year or so.. Stellaaaa job. That descent down from pitch hill was just epic. Nice to see some full on balls out commitment on some of the sessioning spots too. That final climb to leith tower made me blow up....... Obviously hadn't eaten enough :P

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Karve

Great to meet you all and a fantastic turnout. The first of many I hope? Shame I couldnt stay for a pint or too after. Really nice seeing everyone else's machines. 5c0tty and Hei hei cheers for showing me 20k of trails I never knew existed.. Despite riding dorking for a year or so.. Stellaaaa job. That descent down from pitch hill was just epic. Nice to see some full on balls out commitment on some of the sessioning spots too. That final climb to leith tower made me blow up....... Obviously hadn't eaten enough :P
    that final climb almost had me blowing chunks too, couldnt let that MotoLite get away from me, but fock I was gasping for that stuff called air......

Drink...sleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Karve

Great to meet you all and a fantastic turnout. The first of many I hope? Shame I couldnt stay for a pint or too after. Really nice seeing everyone else's machines. 5c0tty and Hei hei cheers for showing me 20k of trails I never knew existed.. Despite riding dorking for a year or so.. Stellaaaa job. That descent down from pitch hill was just epic. Nice to see some full on balls out commitment on some of the sessioning spots too. That final climb to leith tower made me blow up....... Obviously hadn't eaten enough :P
    Leg and arm pads on the way And just got some lock-ons from the bmx shop too.

I found the climb to Leith Tower pretty easy, but maybe it was the adrenalin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast