Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Nicolai

Nicolai at Taipei bike show with Timac

Nicolai Fanatics, hope you guys like it... sorry wasn't able to test out if they still do get pedal strike though but well.. ( just a joke TLR .. hehe i know you like it )

1) New Ion-14 will be slightly revised ( too much reinforcement gussets have been used! haa) before making into a production model to replace UFO DS. And also AFR as ION-18 , and ION st probably will be rename as ION-20? apparently this is to make classification of models easier base on best recommended travel on the front for the 2 number, so like Helius Ac, AM will be Helius 14, Helius 17? but this yet to be confirmed but we will know by summer this year. This bike has two different suspension set up and very versatile to use shocks from 200mm ETE to 222mmETE... well at least thats what i was told and its suspension system is suppose to work as a progressive rather then a liner system. Well more like a slope style kinda bike if you want to call that,

some links from my friend herman - http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showthread.php?t=512221

2) 1 more Nucleon frame will be made to be more competitive ( weight wise) - will be shown in summer - thats all i will say haha.

3) Nucleon E2 and AM both have revised geometry ( or just E2? cant rememeber )

4) 20 Inch Nicolai you see at the show are still in some what prototype, there will be eventually a road going version with more narrow rear end to fit road groupset, and a standard MTB group. Market for these bikes are unclear but apparently if you look ard during the show. there are many 20inch bikes ( off road capable) ones on display.

5) GRACE - Damn shes fast, manage to get a go on it. Doesnt feel heavy when you are on the go espacilly on that kind of tubing and full of batteries inside... and the bike weights only just over 20kgs. hmm... and it can be tuned to hit 75km/h and road legal as a electric automobile in Germany? this bike was also displayed at Gates Carbon Drive booth running belt drive version.

All in all these are the bikes i have seen at the show, all photos snap with an Iphone 3gs so bear with me on the photo quality ! sorry! Hopefully more photos will pop back up.
    Last edited by AttitudeBikes; 03-18-2011 at 01:19 AM.

Nicolai
    the 20 inches, and road going bikes....

Nicolai
    The G-boxxes..

Nicolai

Nicolai
    Now the Ion-14...

steep fast and loose :)
    boy they're FUGLY..........

what's happened with Nicolai ?

Nicolai
    Arnt prototypes meant to by ugly looking !? Wahahahah

Nicolai
    Oh and all the bikes u see here belong to Timac . I dono if it's sold or they keep stock ?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Thanks for taking the time to post the pics. Very interesting.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Cheers for posting, the craftmanship looks sublime

steep fast and loose :)
    who's TIMAC ?

Nicolai
    TIMAC is one of the big boys in distribution of high end parts in taiwan and i think china for brands like kowa, frm, rohloff, reset, profile, and a few others i cant exactly remember haha.

mtbr member
    Where does one find a bike stand like those above? It's what I've been looking for but can't seem to find online.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    No hi res pics of nicos? (the ufo looks great :-) )

Te info about nucleon frames.... really a good weight saving or only a little? :-)

Nicolai
    Nope i did not take any with good camera but im sure you can find some online.

New nucleon will be release suring summer. untill then we we will know how much or if its possible to save more or just a little

Nicolai
    Nope i did not take any with good camera but im sure you can find some online.

New nucleon will be release suring summer. untill then we we will know how much or if its possible to save more or just a little

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Hi eurospek , put willworx super stand into a google search & you should find them.
    I bought mine from Alan Richardson at Riverside Cycles , the UK Ventana Importer.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanx.

At this moment I only find pics of road and urban bikes :-(. I think (and hope) that in near future more pics will be uploaded

mtbr member
    May 2007
    One question. The new summer nucleon light bike will be based in a new geaebox system like the pinion p-1 or a new nicolai self made magnetic system based?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfb1
    Hi eurospek , put willworx super stand into a google search & you should find them.
    I bought mine from Alan Richardson at Riverside Cycles , the UK Ventana Importer.
    Thanks a bunch!!!

Found them after searching a bit that night and ordered on the spot.

"Its All Good"
    Mmmm some interesting stuff happening at Nicolai for sure.... Interesting to get a handle on what direction things are heading...

The ION 14 looks different to say the least, cant go on looks alone, hoping it grows on me

Thanks for sharing the pictures and info, much appreciated...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Any more info about the new nucleon frame? At this moment, the weight of the nucleon frames it's a "problem" but if the new one is lighther, could be a very good option in black ano. :-)

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Dying for a TFR with a Gate Carbon Drive.

I KNOW I saw pictures of a prototype 2 years ago and can never find them again...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbuzzardman View Post
    Dying for a TFR with a Gate Carbon Drive.

I KNOW I saw pictures of a prototype 2 years ago and can never find them again...
    Dude, you are not the only one. Unfortunately, the GATESerized Nucleon proto didnīt make it into production so far.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by markchang View Post
    Any more info about the new nucleon frame? At this moment, the weight of the nucleon frames it's a "problem" but if the new one is lighther, could be a very good option in black ano. :-)
    The NICOLAI people are tight-lipped in this regard. There are no further informations about a lightweight version and the future of the G-Boxxes at all to get. In March 2011 the all-new Nucleon AC was announced to be unveilled at the open-house of the German NICOLAI premium shop "Bike BAUER". But finally the presentation did not happen, without any comment. May be that new informations will be available at the NICOLAI open-house in August 2011 (date has to be specified yet).

Donīt know if this British maniacs have something delightful in the pipeline? Maybe an alternative to the G-Boxx and the PINION-P1?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast