mtbr member
    Sep 2005

NICOLAI Nucleon E2

NICOLAI Nucleon E(volution)2 with G-Boxx 1, unfortunately without Horst link.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Pass me some tissues

"Its All Good"
    Mmmmm Interesting.... It has a CCDB shock

It looks interesting, some interesting lines....

I have been hitting Nicolai with some questions on what is happening with the GBoxx @ vrs the GBoxx.......

A few facts have come back from Nicolai:

The GBoxx 2 is not at all affordable for Nicolai anymore, the production costs are far higher than what it can be sold for.

It has been decided by Nicolai to go a step back to the original GBoxx with the Rohloff hub internal, but Karl will come forward in the future with a completely revised gearbox that will revolutionize gearboxes.....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Mmmmm Interesting.... It has a CCDB shock ...
    According to well informed people the CCDB should be available directly from NICOLAI by now.

"Its All Good"
    Great to hear that Wilhelm, have always had to get mine elsewhere.......
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Whafe, moreover, according to the above mentioned post in the German NICOLAI forum they allow the use of the CANE CREEK Angle Set for 1.5 head tubes, at least for the Helius AFR.

Last but not least, two nice new videos:

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Wilhelm6; 08-28-2010 at 06:16 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Interesting that NICOLAI declares the "Nucleon E2" rather as an "extreme freerider" than as a DH bike (no wonder given the weight).

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    It says under the Nucleon e2." World cup downhill"

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by norcosam
    It says under the Nucleon e2." World cup downhill"
    Unfortunately, the relaunched NICOLAI website is still under construction and seems to contain a bunch of mistakes yet. So the designation "World cup downhill" below "Nucleon E2" in the second line, first column of the description is related to the former content of the "Ion GB2" microsite. If you choose the German language version of the NICOLAI website you can read in the right resp. second column of the description [ Produkt Details ], last sentence:

• "Das Nucleon E2 kombiniert nun die Performance und Zuverlässigkeit des G-Boxx 1 Systems mit den Stärken unseres Gravity-Primus Ion ST zu einem überlegenen, unverwüstlichen Extrem-Freerider."

Translation:
    • "The Nucleon E2 integrates now the performance and the reliability of the G-Boxx 1 system with the advantages of our top-notch gravity machine Ion ST into an outstanding, indestructible extreme freerider."

Moreover, the complete description in the left column is the old version, written for the "Ion GB2".

I suspect if the NICOLAI team riders will use the "Nucleon E2" for world cup racing anyway particularly because of the heavy weight and in additional because of the more or less old fashioned suspension. I believe they obviously will prefer the "Ion ST". However, we´ll see.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Ok.Thanks for the Translation.I noticed the Ion like mine is Horst link and the Gearbox version is single pivot,Would like to try a gearbox version and see how it compares.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Keep us informed, please! BTW, the G-boxx 1 unfortunately weights about 800 g (!) more than the G-Boxx 2 (see picture below, weight in kilograms). However, the Nucleon E2 is always nice to look at.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Unfortunately no NICOLAI news but nevertheless interesting for all you gearbike lovers: PINON-1. Will be presented at Eurobike 2010 this week.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    This E2 frame is heavier tha the old gboxx2? :-(.

The 8,7 kg that i see in the web is only the frame and gearbox or include frame, gearbox, rear hub, shifter and cranks?

And... more info about this new nicolai revolutionary gearbox?