'All over it!'

Nicolai Helius FR vs Foes FXR

All,

Just to let you all know, Dropin%Dug is going to be conducting a comparison test between these two bikes, the Nicolai's Horst Link v Foes' Single Pivot. Could be an interesting one

Follow this link and his blue FR frame is on page 3.

Single Pivot vs. VPP Review

mtbr member
    Its on page 2 on my lap top !

Looks different seeing an FR in Blue.
    Nicolai Bikes in the South of England head to..
    http://www.head-for-the-hills.co.uk

"Its All Good"
    Does indeed look different in blue....

Will be a good comparison, at this point nothing is going to sway me away..... For the first time I am as happy as a pig in shiat, this puppy is a keep for sure.....

Not just the ride, but the quality of the build, the allignment of the frame etc etc....

Me a happy K1W1
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

'All over it!'
    I know where you are coming from Whafe. I was a bit sceptical about my build coming in at 36lb, but on the bike park, it cuts it with the downhill rigs and is super stiff. I was also supprised at how well a 36lb bike climbs, as well, if not better than my 575. So, like you I am a very happy man. I was planning an ST build for next year, but if the FR can handle what I think it can handle, then I might not bother.

'All over it!'
    For all you FR riders, the first tests by Dropin%Dug are now in. See the link below for some good testing:

Single Pivot vs. Horst Link

"Its All Good"
    Lorni, a good read from Dropin..... I am still very in love and happy with my FR, steering at it in my office in Barcelona as I type.....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

'All over it!'
    Agreed, I did think about the FXR but am so glad I got the FR. Not being biased, but for me, this is the best bike I have ever owned and it's just so versatile. I love it to bits! I don't honestly think there is a bike in it's class that would steer me away from it. I would however love to throw a leg over a Knolly DT, the only drawback is I don't find them asthetically pleasing. No, it's the FR for me too!

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by lornibear
    Agreed, I did think about the FXR but am so glad I got the FR. Not being biased, but for me, this is the best bike I have ever owned and it's just so versatile. I love it to bits! I don't honestly think there is a bike in it's class that would steer me away from it. I would however love to throw a leg over a Knolly DT, the only drawback is I don't find them asthetically pleasing. No, it's the FR for me too!
    Same here, looked at the Foes options, as I was the Titus Ti El G, along with Knolly....

To be honest, think Knolly are fantastic bikes, but the shallow asthetics side of me, the Knolly does not give me wood....

Yes, only a week to go till we get a pose of FR's..... Yeah ha

Am going to head up and see the DH WC race in Andorra on Sunday....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe

Am going to head up and see the DH WC race in Andorra on Sunday....
    You lucky bugger.. get some pics!

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Karve
    You lucky bugger.. get some pics!
    Will for sure get pics, am going to take up my 3G card and hope to upload on the fly at the race....

But only have my P&S camera, not the Digi SLR.... Could only bring so much, main factor on this trip was getting to Dorking to ride with you peeps...

But am sure I can get some ok photos.....