Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mumma mia... that is delicious

Peaslake.. sweet as.. one of my regular haunts.. I bet that rips on Barry Knows Best..... my order is coming through Dan at Head for the Hills.. in Dorking

How did u get those fox forks custom painted!!!! they look sik.....

looks like that is set up very trail bike esq.. weight?

mtbr member

Thanks Karve

I got mine through Dan @ Head for the Hills, Great service from start to finish.

Say hi if you see me out and about.

Have only done Barry once in the most horrific rain. It was also my first ride on the bike and was very fast but I was not even trying ! Great things to come i'm sure.

Scott

mtbr member

Fork Painting

Sorry forgot about this question.

I took the forks apart and a body shop we use at work painted them for me. And I then rebuilt them. New sticker kit from Mojo to finish them of.

Where you from ?

Scott

mtbr member
    Really beautiful bike ! Full white is really nice, but there is too much mud here in france to have such a white bike !
    I hope you will enjoy it.
    Never enough singletracks !

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5c0tty
    Sorry forgot about this question.

I took the forks apart and a body shop we use at work painted them for me. And I then rebuilt them. New sticker kit from Mojo to finish them of.

Where you from ?

Scott
    Epping way.. weve been having a chat about who is where over here
    Finally it's in my hands......
    I think chinaman rides a CC around the North Downs as well.. look out for him. Where are u?

Do you know what they used to strip them ready for painting? They did a fantastic job.. looks mint.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Holy fuk, that is a nice set-up.
    I really took notice of white Nicolais in that last issue of Dirt when that SRAM dude was showing off his Helius and UFO ST.

mtbr member

More fork info.

Karve

The forks where just rubbed down and keyed up and primed and painted with 2 pack paint. Seem to be very tough so far but no crashes or bangs with other bikes.

I live in Dorking so it does not take too long to get to all the best trails around here by bike.

samwell

We also have MUD just like France but the bike seems to keep itself clean and makes it easy to clean as you can see where you have been with the brush.

Lordmike

Yes I spotted these in Dirt about 1 Month after placing my order ! I was so happy to see the colour work well on the Nicolai's as until then I had not seen one in a White built up.

Thanks for all the kind words

Scott
    Last edited by 5c0tty; 01-09-2008 at 03:59 AM.
    Nicolai Bikes in the South of England head to..
    http://www.head-for-the-hills.co.uk

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Now we are cooking... Thanks crisillo
    No problem! glad to help...

nice pics on your flickr BTW

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks for all the kind words

Scott
    Hello Scott !
    Really great setup, i love so much the Helius frame and all your parts are very beautiful !
    What is the weight of your bike ? You did'nt mentioned it yet.

Loc

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Wow 5c0tty, very nice... The fork really ties it together.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member

Still not been on the scales

Hi Devilyn

Sorry but still not been on the scales ! To busy out on the very wet and muddy trails.
    Thanks for the kind words.

Scott

mtbr member

Good job! Weight

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyn
    Hello Scott !
    Really great setup, i love so much the Helius frame and all your parts are very beautiful !
    What is the weight of your bike ? You did'nt mentioned it yet.

Loc
    OK on a set of posh fishing scales today it was 34lb or 15.42kg.

More than I thought I would be but its just so nice to ride and now i'm getting the hang of the extra weight in the air its getting more fun to ride every time I go out.

Scott

mtbr member
    Hmm that looks like a light weight build.. wonder what mine will come in fitted with a bit more heavyweight kit.. gotta keep it under 35 really

"Its All Good"
    5cOtty - AWESOME... Missed this thread for some reason. A truly hot build. Looks spanking in white, the fork painted also looks the billies... Yeah baby...

So how are you enjoynig the ride. Your thoughts etc would be great. May well be sweet to start a thread of your thoughts etc...

Congratulations and welcome to the boards....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Hey 5cOtty ! thanks for the weight.
    I was thinking that it would be lighter too but anyway if you enjoy riding it's cool !
    The DHX coil is probably responsible,a air shock would probably be lighter. Do you enjoy the DHX 4 ? I don't know this shock very well. Do you have any comparison with DHX5 or rockshox shock ?

Thanks and have great ride with your Helius !

"Its All Good"
    5cOtty - Almost identical weight to mine. I am running tubes at present too... It is slightly heavier than I thought it would be after putting together a weight list from the manufacturers weights......

This weight does not worry me what so ever, it is strong and very adaptable to many riding facets and conditions.............
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member

Tubes..

Whafe

Mine is also running inner tubes but not listed these on my spec list ! New I would forget some thing.

The bike had just been washed and the saddle was wet but the rest of the bike had been air lined off so was not dripping wet but not mega dry maybe I should try it again when its dry.

Scales where Fox Fishing type and are legal for World Records ! So the fishing guy at work says.

It could way even more and I would not care as the ride is just super plush and I have not even played with the air in the rear shock !

Scotty

'All over it!'

Helius FR in Jungle Camo.....

Was glancing through the Setup database and realised I hadn't included the new ride, so here it is in all its glory.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Its All Good"
    Yummy yummy Lorni, mine is finally completed fully, so will get some pictures up tomorrow and the build spec.. Enjoy that ride... Just had a blast on mine on our night ride, have posted a few pics in the Australia New Zealand area. Not the best photos, but was getting dark, and with a point n shoot, light is your friend..

Am just loving my FR, every ride it gets better, climbs awesome.....

'All over it!'
    I agree, I haven't really used it in anger yet as the weather here in UK is terrible at the moment. I am also still awaiting my shorter stem, although did a drop of about 3ft this morning and it just lapped it up, even if my landing was a little forward.
    I just love the CCDB but need to seek advice setting it up. I am sure the 2.25x700 steel spring is too much. I think the sag is set up correctly so may play with the low and high speed compression to make it a little more active. Do you have any thoughts or advice?

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by lornibear
    I agree, I haven't really used it in anger yet as the weather here in UK is terrible at the moment. I am also still awaiting my shorter stem, although did a drop of about 3ft this morning and it just lapped it up, even if my landing was a little forward.
    I just love the CCDB but need to seek advice setting it up. I am sure the 2.25x700 steel spring is too much. I think the sag is set up correctly so may play with the low and high speed compression to make it a little more active. Do you have any thoughts or advice?
    If your sag is where it should be, good. Now it's just a matter of time getting the damping how you like it. It normally takes 15 rides or more with your tools and some tuning to get it right. (At least for me it does...)

I've had my CCDB on 2 completely different bikes and had a lot of time invested in tuning. Try to think how the bike is behaving at any given time and change the adjuster accordingly. (This may sound obvious, but it's hard when you're focusing on the trail or your body...) When in doubt, seek Malcolm out...

Living Ghetto Fabulous!

Couple questions for 08 FR owners...

Oops

mtbr member
    Hey 5c0tty your bike is medium right? How tall are you? Is it a good fit?

mtbr member
    Karve

Yes mine is a Medium and im about 5ft11

The fit is very good I must say.

I will post up the Spec on the stem later on as I have forgot what the rise and length is. Has a layback Thomson post and does not feel to long for me.

Scotty

mtbr member
    Hmm I wonder if me going for the med top tube on my small might make it a bit reachy .. does anyone ride a small here.. if so how tall are they?

Im a smigin over 5"8

How tall are you chaps on mediums?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast