spr
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Nicolai Helius CC

Hi

I have FS 5.5 inch bike and looking for 2nd bike around 4 inch travel (for 50 KM epic rides) that can do some drops and technical ups and downs.

I have some questions about the CC

What is the ideal rear and front travel for this bike?

What is the BB height?what is the HT angel ?(for the ideal travel)

I am 1.74M what size should i buy?

Where can i find second hand or hot deal frames?

Are there any changes in the frame during the lasr 3 yeras?

Thx

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    The CC is really good on the trail with 130mm front and rear and XC race like with 120mm front and rear. I have run it 140mm front and 130mm rear and it is great on the downs but a bit light on the front for my liking. Fit with a 140mm Talas and you will have a great trail-to-race bike.

HT angle is around 69 deg at 130mm and changes by half a degree per 10mm of travel (depends on the ac length of your fork). Unlike the Helius AM and AC the BB height changes depending upon rear travel setup I would need to measure mine as I can't remember what it is.

For your Height I would go for a medium I am 1.82M and ride a large but could just get away with a medium.

For changes... the geometry changed around 2006/7 with the newer frames getting better standover clearence and better tyre clearence. Since then the newer frames have got different cable routing and cnc'd part for the ST braces and logo on the HT.

For deals... let me know if you find any... Nicolai UK seem to have some older frames in stock that are good value.

Regards,

David.