smh151 - whats the weight please
Not taken it to the shop yet to use their hook thingy and have no scales at home, based on previous bike though I'd say north of 28 lbs. I prefer that nothing breaks though.
Very nice but i would think about 29lbs
* Rider info: Height 5ft10 Weight 13.6 stone.
* Frame: Helius AC Medium in white
* Fork: DT Swiss EXM 150
* Shock: Fox RP23 BV
* Brakes: Magura Louise Carbon 180f/160r
* Cranks: Race Face with 38t chainring
* Shifters: Rohloff
* Front Chainguide: Rohloff
* Rear Derailleur: Rohloff
* Cassette: NA
* Chain: SRAM PC1
* Pedals: XT SPD
* Stem: Thompson 70mm
* Handlebar: Easton EA70
* Seatpost: Gravity Dropper
* Saddle: SDG Bel Air RL Rail
* Bottom Bracket: Chris King Black
* Headset: Chris King Steel Inset
* Grips: ODI Lock-On
* Wheels Front: Mavic 819UST on Hope Pro II
* Wheels Rear: Mavic 819UST on Rohloff
* Front Tyre: Schwalbe Nobby Nic 26x2.25
* Rear Tyre: Schwalbe Racing Ralph 26x2.25
* Cables: Shimano XTR
Sorry if I didn't get this,
Originally Posted by pergamonx
does this mean I could use a Lyric RC2L Coil U-Turn in an AC?
(545 +/-5 vs 530mm)
Anyone using this setup in the mountains?
My new AC 29er (2013 spec).
Rider height, weight, ride style e.g XC, endurance,trail, hucker etc: 6ft 2", 80kg rides pretty much everything in Scotland......XC, trail, Mountains, wee hucks.
* Frame, Size, & Color: Large Ano Black
* Fork: Fox 34 Float
* Shock, i2i, stroke: Fox Float R 200x57
* Brakes: Formula RX 180/160
* Cranks: Hammerschmidt
* Shifters: XO / XT
* Front Derailleur: None
* Rear Derailleur: Saint Short Cage
* Pedals: Deore Trail
* Stem: Easton Havoc 35mm
* Handlebar: Easton Havoc 35mm Carbon 800mm
* Seatpost: Reverb
* Saddle: SDG
* Bottom Bracket: Truvative
* Cassette: XT 34t
* Chain: Connex
* Headset: Hope
* Grips: Lizard Skins Lock-Ons
* Front Tire: 2.4 Ardent
* Front Rim/ Spokes: Easton Haven alu
* Front Hub/Skewer: Easton
* Rear Tire: 2.4 Ardent
* Rear Rim: Easton Haven alu
* Rear Hub/Skewer: Easton
* Cables: Shimano
* Overall Weight: 32.04lbs
Very nice.And stealth looking.
Looks really good in the metal too.
sweet :-) I have one kinda similar ;-) You like it I hope :-)
It's early days but yeah I like it.....a lot
Looking for a new frame to replace my Devinci Dixon. Hopefully a large Helius AC would build up around the same weight as my large Dixon (31.15 lbs) with a tough build.
Has anyone out there weighed a large 2013 Helius frame with shock etc yet?
Is the Nicolai bushing system very durable for up here in NE Scotland? My last bike with bushings (Banshee Spitfire) had mega issues with it's bushing system which wore out very quickly and wore into the frame.
Looks like the perfect machine for the mud, rain and rocks of Aberdeenshire!
Be very interested in size large build weights and opinions on durability of the 2013 models.
Scarlet, have you been in touch with gravity sports ?
Thanks Lecht, I just had an email conversation with Gravity sports and they made an excellent offer for the frame only option. Think I am going to go for it, looks like a stunning bike for up here!
Originally Posted by The_Lecht_Rocks
I have heard there may be a Custom AC/AM29 frame/shock and forks available in May 2013, Now that the Ion29 has been signed off....
Riding terrain conditions:Rocks/roots/steep/Xc/Trails,
* Rider height, weight, ride style e.g XC, endurance,trail, hucker etc
* Frame, Size, & Color:AC 650b Pinion
* Fork:Revelation 650b RCT3
* Shock, i2i, stroke. Rockshox Monarch RCT3 plus
* Brakes:Avid XO Trail, 200mm front,180mm rear
* Front Derailleur:
* Rear Derailleur:
* Pedals:XTR M980
* Stem:Truvativ T40 75mm black
* Handlebar:Bontrager Carbon Rhythym 750mm,15mm rise
* Seatpost:Rockshox Reverb Stealth,Rh Shifter(running under bars LH)
* Saddle:Sdg Ti
* Bottom Bracket:Pinion
* Chain:Sram PC 1091r
* Headset:Reset Racing
* Grips:ESI chunky
* Front Tire:Nobby Nic 2.35x650b
* Front Rim/ Spokes:Bor 1388
* Front Hub/Skewer:Bor 1388
* Rear Tire:Nobby Nic 2.35x650b
* Rear Rim:Bor 1388
* Rear Hub/Skewer:Bor1388
* Overall Weight: 32.5lbs
Last edited by norcosam; 08-08-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Reason: Add photo
* Rider height, weight, ride style e.g XC and Trail. 6ft 1"
* Frame, Size, & Color:AC 650b Large, Ano black and red extras
* Fork:Revelation 150mm RC3
* Shock, i2i, stroke 215x63mm Rockshox Monarch RC3 Plus
* Brakes:X0 Trail
* Cranks:XO 2x10 26/39
* Front Derailleur:X0
* Rear Derailleur:X0 type 2
* Stem:Truvativ T40 75mm
* Handlebar:Bonrager Carbon 750mm
* Bottom Bracket:Chris King
* Cassette:Sram PG 1070
* Chain:Sram 1070
* Grips:ESI chunky
* Front Tire:Nobby Nic 2.35
* Front Rim/ Spokes:Stans Flow EX
* Front Hub/Skewer:Bor MD7
* Rear Tire:Nobby Nic 2.35
* Rear Rim:Flow EX
* Rear Hub/Skewer:Bor MD7
* Overall Weight:29.8lbs
Last edited by norcosam; 08-10-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Pikes finally arrived.
26", front mech and granny ring. Perfect for the mountains of northern Scotland.