mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Nicolai Factory Tour - with Video

Hi Guys,

one of the Mods of the the German IBC-Forum visited Nicolai for a report.

I thought you might be interested to see some of the photos and a video.

Although the video is in German (of course), it is pretty self-explaining. Falco shows the different stages of producing a frame and the company in general. For watching the video, just click on the picture.

More pictures

Cheers

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Testmaen, It was very interesting to see the processes involved....thanks for posting.

steep fast and loose :)
    well done testmaen - good insider info, thanks

"Its All Good"
    Great to see more footage and photos of the factory.

I had a great time visiting the factory last year. I fully recommend that if you are able to make the visit, make the effort to. It is a wonderful experience to see where your frame is made and see it all up close and personal. Karl & Falco will take the time with you.

Truly puts the icing on the cake.....

Great thread and posts
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Karl & Falco will take the time with you.

That's one thing Falco mentions in almost any post or video, also in this one - if you want to see who is involved in making your frame and what kind of work is involved and you have the time to go to Germany or already are in Germany, give them a call or drop them an email and make an appointment and you get your own personal factory tour.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Testmaen
    That's one thing Falco mentions in almost any post or video, also in this one - if you want to see who is involved in making your frame and what kind of work is involved and you have the time to go to Germany or already are in Germany, give them a call or drop them an email and make an appointment and you get your own personal factory tour.
    Totally agree, they were great hosts when I visited, Crisillo also came with me.... I flew over from Barcelona, drove and stayed at a near by small town, then spent a good portion of the day at the Nicolai factory then drove and flew home...

Got to see every step of the Man process, and also some cool as stuff in the R&D den....

I cant stress enough how it was so worth the effort. And living back in New Zealand now would be a hell of a long way to go....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    Excellent insight, thanks alot
    Visit - www.gravity-sports.co.uk - Exclusive high end MTB Products

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    What, now you wanna complain you're back in NZ ? Garage full a great bikes, a $hit-load of awesome trails, a nice Porscha and even german-made washer and drier ?

Just saw the other day a travel-documentary about NZ .. Milford Sound etc. :love: I guess one day we all have to jump on a plane and finally accept one of your countless invitations.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Testmaen
    I guess one day we all have to jump on a plane and finally accept one of your countless invitations.
    Well as it happens, you better get your butts down to these parts at some stage...

Would love nothing more to show you some great riding and do some hosting etc....

No complaints from me though, great to be home. Have settled back in really well..... And not doing around 300 flights per year is a GIFT, Yeah Ha......

Nicolai
    wow! thanks for sharing really! any idea where we can download this video? cant wait to share this with everyone!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Superb & demonstrates exactly why we've all bought a Nicolai.

I have the opportunity to visit Germany with work and will try to wangle a few hours to take a personal look...

Great post - Thanks

from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    Pitty we couldnt get an english version would be nice
    Visit - www.gravity-sports.co.uk - Exclusive high end MTB Products

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Hi

here is the link for download the video:
    http://videos.mtb-news.de/videos/1/_.../Clip90flv.m4v

Members who have read this thread: 0