mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Nicolai Demo Rides

Head For The Hills are having a demo' day and amongst lots of others are a good few Nicolai's to ride.

Take a look at http://www.head-for-the-hills.co.uk/demo_day_2009.htm

See you there!

"Its All Good"
    Peeps, take up this offer to test ride a few yummy Nicolai's, I have bought 4 Nicolai's without even seeing each model in the flesh, they all worked out perfect, but would have been cool to go for a test ride. Having been in the HFTH shop and experienced their hospitality etc, they have some great demo bikes and quite a few Nicolai's....

Yeah baby!
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    Same here, i would have gone for one even without a demo ride; BUT if you have the oportunity to test ride a Nicolai i'd strongly recommend it as i cant see you buying anything else afterwards! I know a place you can try several flavours of Helius

**** START BLATANT ADVERTISING ****

**** END BLATANT ADVERTISING ****

mtbr member
    I would even say, just looking at the quality of the welding (LOL) make your heart pumping more.
    Trying one is just the cherry on top of the pie !
    Last edited by 0007; 12-17-2008 at 01:02 PM.

steep fast and loose :)
    hopefully, it's welded, not soldered

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Baggsy the Helius AM

mtbr member
    Il be there trying out some bikes.... let us know whos going for a mini Nicolai get together!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I'll be there on the Helius FR in the morning and Trek in the afternoon.

Taking a friend who's on the Helius CC (the one that I've already ridden!) in the morning and a Commencal 5 in the afternoon.

If it's dry I'll be down on my motorbike to beat the nasty M25 traffic..

Who else??

mtbr member
    I would have been up for a mini meet but will be Snow Boarding in the Alps ;-)
    Karve we must meet for a blast sometime soon I'm almost fixed from my slight crash last August !
    Did Chicksands over Xmas and had a blast on the Northshore and Dual Slalom, Need to get some more miles in though.
    Nicolai Bikes in the South of England head to..
    http://www.head-for-the-hills.co.uk

mtbr member
    Another cracking demo day organised by HFTH. Great hospitality, great weather and more importantly great bikes!

Demo'd a helius cc and it was a fantastic bike. It felt really balanced and I barely noticed the rear suspension - it seemed very neutral, very similar to my old horst link 5 spot. The fit of the medium seemed spot on and the RS revelations really suited the frame. The DT swiss shock was very noisy during compressions but the lock out was useful. Think the rp23 would be better suited..

Would really liket to try the helius rc - any demo bikes around?

Also, one of the helius demos(with rolhoff) was a white camo with white revelations? Anyone know the name of this colour as I cant see it listed on the colour site?

PS - I demo'd a trek ex9.9 as well but did nothing for me at all. The number of pedal strikes drove me mad, despite setting the rear shock with only 25% sag....
    "to finish first you first must finish" - Mike Hailwood

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Agreed - had a good day's riding.

I was supposed to ride the Helius AM, but there was no front wheel or shock so that would have been rather tricky. Looked good though in the Pastel Blue, as does my Helius CC!

Rode a Gary Fisher XC that weighed as much as a pencil then a Trek Remedy 8 that was fine as long as the going was downhill, amazingly hard work otherwise..I missed my Nicolai which is a good thing as I wouldn't like to come away with any regrets..

All together a must for next year and my friend is also now hooked on the Helius CC after his test ride, so job done!