T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004

Nicolai BMXTB or similar model for DJ , PB , Urban ..any info ?

I'm just looking now but have some interest in building up a frame similar to the Nicolai BMXTB for DJ and general play bike fun ! Anybody have info or a built version photo to share or suggestions what model might be best suited for a taller rider interested in this type of frame ? Thanks ! TIG.

steep fast and loose :)
    how about a BMXTB ?

nicolai offer custom sizing too - give them a call

good luck

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Whafe.... man, what is taking you so long

Whafe is the man for info on the BMXTB

steep fast and loose :)
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo

whafe's problem is he's 6 months in seasons behind the 1st world, so surely he's years behind the electronic world !

mtbr member
    I had one. I'm just under 6ft and medium was on the small side - it was a great fun playbike for jumps and hooning around but I needed a frame for a little purpose. I could not get it to climb even with a HUGE seatpost - the seat angle was too slack and the chainstays and top tube where too short... precisely what made it so much fun on the downs and the jumps.

I'd love to get it back (or another) and have it as a jumpypumpytrialy play bike.

mtbr member
    i'm 6' and i have a large bmxtb. i got it as a play bike just recently and it is great for that. short chainstays make manuals and wheelies so easy, almost too easy sometimes. i use it with my girls at the local backyard bmx track and at the skatepark. it's not for climbing though, just fun. trails are great as long as there are not too many climbs.

it's a great fun bike just don't think it's an all rounder.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo

Sorry for the slow reply, was ripping it up on a stunning Spring day in New Zealand on my Helius FR (dam I love my FR)

I have an FMXTB, more a street, DJ bike.... Ultra short chainstays, top tube etc. It is set up as a single speed. It is a blast, out of all my bikes, I have ridden this one the least.... Agree with what others have posted, not a climbing bike at all.

My frame is a size large, taking into account these frames are not big so to speak, it is better for me than what my Black Market Mob was. I am 6'3 and a bit

From what I have read, the BMXTB may well be better all round taking into account they are racing them etc for 4 Cross....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004

bmxtb info!

Thanks all for the info.......I did see a few built up samples on the set up data base : sticky ! Looked over a number of other makes of this type of frame and the Nicolai BMXTB definitely appears like it would rawk....... now if the Euro to the US dollar ratio would even out a bit that would help my decision ! TIG

mtbr member

bmxtb

Quote Originally Posted by TIGMAN
    Thanks all for the info.......I did see a few built up samples on the set up data base : sticky ! Looked over a number of other makes of this type of frame and the Nicolai BMXTB definitely appears like it would rawk....... now if the Euro to the US dollar ratio would even out a bit that would help my decision ! TIG
    keep your eyes out for a used one. they pop up from time to time. i just bought a large recently and there was another on pinkbike for a while before it sold. what size are you after?