Nicolai Argon FR - Setup Database
Nicolai Argon FR owners please post your setups.
Potential owners view, compare, drool & gain insight etc!
Also "no flames please" you can do that on other posts or create a new one if you need to vent, let this be an information data base to assist not to attack or hinder. We can hopefully build a great source of valuable information.
Post pictures of your build also......
Riding terrain conditions:
* Rider height, weight, ride style e.g XC, endurance,trail, hucker etc
* Frame, Size, & Color:
* Shock, i2i, stroke
* Front Derailleur:
* Rear Derailleur:
* Bottom Bracket:
* Front Tire:
* Front Rim/ Spokes:
* Front Hub/Skewer:
* Rear Tire:
* Rear Rim:
* Rear Hub/Skewer:
* Overall Weight:
The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"
* Frame, Size, & Color: Argon FR, Medium in Ano Bronze
* Fork: RS revelations Dual air
* Brakes: Avid Juicy 5
* Cranks: Shimano Deore
* Shifters: Alfine
* Rear Derailleur: Alfine gears
* Pedals: Shimano SPD
* Stem: Easton EA50
* Handlebar: Easton EA50
* Seatpost: Thomson
* Saddle: WTB
* Bottom Bracket: Shimano Octalink
* Chain: SRAM singlespeed
* Headset: FSA XL11
* Grips: Lizard skin lock on
* Front Tire: Trailraker when muddy, cinder when dry.
* Front Rim/ Spokes: Mavic XM719
* Front Hub/Skewer: Hope pro11
* Rear Tire: Normally Bonty Mud X
* Rear Rim: Dt 5.1
* Rear Hub/Skewer: Alfine
Very nice Seagull. Interesting spec. How are you getting on with the Alfine hub?
The hub is ideal for me, its lighter than Rohloff, shifts well and has enough gears for what I want.
I have an issue where it gets pulled out of the driveside under force though. I've asked Nicolai for some advice, looks like it might need longer dropouts.
Argon FR w/Gates Carbon Drive
Argon FR w/Gates Carbon Drive.
very nice. What does she weigh?
No scale...but it's under 30. Feels like most of the weight is in the rear when you pick it up, but you can't feel it when riding or jumping.
After one year...
* Frame Size: Large
* Frame Weight: 2.4kg (5.3lb)
* Color: Black ano. with Red glossy
* Fork: Bos Deville 140 TRC
* Brakes: Shimano XT
* Cranks: Shimano XT
* Shifters: Shimano XT 9spd.
* Front derrailleur: Shimano XT
* Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR Shadow
* Pedals: Crank Brothers candy 2
* Stem: Easton Haven 55mm
* Handlebar: Easton Havoc DH Carbon
* Seatpost: Cannondale G2
* Saddle: SDG Bel Air
* Bottom Bracket: Shimano XT
* Crankset: Shimano XT 24-34
* Bash: Straitline red ano
* Chain Guide: E-13
* Cassette: Shimano XT 9spd.
* Chain: Shimano XTR
* Headset: Chris King
* Grips: Lizard Skins Peaty
* Front Tire: Schwalbe Nobby Nic TR 2.25
* Front Wheel: Mavic XM819/DT Revolution/Hope
* Rear Tire: Maxxis Larsen TT UST 2.1
* Rear Wheel: Mavic XM819/DT Revolution/Hope
* Cables: Jagwire
* Overall Weight: ~12.4kg - 27,34lbs.
Nicolai Argon AM Pinion
Nicolai Argon AM Pinion 650B ? Green Menace II. |
* Rider 168cm, weight 75kg, ride style e.g Singapore Trail, Commute.
* Frame, Size, & Color: Nicolai Argon AM, tailored 650B, Anodized black
* Fork: 160mm RockShox Pike RCT3, Custom Decals
* Shock, i2i, stroke
* Brakes: Magura Marta SL, Black/grey
* Pedals: DMR Vault
* Stem: Atomlab Pimplite 53mm
* Handlebar: Enve RSR bar
* Seatpost: Thomson Elite 31.6mm
* Saddle: Prologo
* Chain: Gates Carbon Drive Belt System for Pinion
* Headset: Reset Racing
* Grips: Inspired Lock Ons, Shorten on Pinion Shifter side.
* Front Tire: Schwalbe Racing Ralph
* Front Rim/ Spokes:Atomlab Suprelite SL 650B, Philwood 14G
* Front Hub/Skewer:Chrisking ISO
* Rear Tire: Schwalbe Racing Ralph
* Rear Rim/ Spokes:Atomlab Suprelite SL 650B, Philwood 14G
* Cables: Pinion
* misc: Custom Chrome Green Decals
* Overall Weight:13.8kg