Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 43 of 43
  1. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    27
    Geo Please.
    Head angle?
    Fork AC height?
    BB height?
    Chainstay Length?
    Weight?
    Sorry for so many questions. About to pull the trigger on one of these myself. Just not sure of this or the 300gram penalty for 20mm more travel Helius AM. Thinking AC so far. I have the Pinion already so I'm pretty desperate/eager.
    Nice bike man.

  2. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,966
    I am asuming geometry is the same as a new style AC.

    Total build weighs 31.5lbs.

    Have this week off so will be giving it some good rides.

  3. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    27
    Ride report?
    Are you happy with the angles? and BB height?

  4. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Yo Yo View Post
    Ride report?
    Are you happy with the angles? and BB height?
    65 miles on it so far..BB is a little lower than my older AC.Longer TT this year aswell,all seems to have made it more comfortable.
    Head Angle is quite slack,Comes alive once on the steeper and faster sections.
    Frame is definetely a winner for me..Loving the new AC.
    Now waiting for Pinion to sort the gearbox issue.

  5. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    27
    Cheers.

  6. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by norcosam View Post
    65 miles on it so far..BB is a little lower than my older AC.Longer TT this year aswell,all seems to have made it more comfortable.
    Head Angle is quite slack,Comes alive once on the steeper and faster sections.
    Frame is definetely a winner for me..Loving the new AC.
    Now waiting for Pinion to sort the gearbox issue.
    What problems did you experience with the gearbox?

  7. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by matigefietser View Post
    What problems did you experience with the gearbox?
    Snapped the main Crank Arm axle...New gearbox on the way..

  8. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by norcosam View Post
    Snapped the main Crank Arm axle...New gearbox on the way..
    Sounds serious, wouldn't say fatique could play a role after such short time. What is Pinion's opinion on this?

  9. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by matigefietser View Post
    Sounds serious, wouldn't say fatique could play a role after such short time. What is Pinion's opinion on this?
    They have sent a replacement box that i have been using(50 miles+ on it so far),and collected my old one today,so they can see why it failed.

    They are saying that this hasent happened before,so i am asuming a manufacturing defect on it.

  10. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    50
    He Norcosam, gorgeous bike!

    Any new updates? I could live with the extra weight. My only concern would be that it breaks on trail or on a trip with would ruin the day/holiday without possibilities of repair....

  11. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydutch View Post
    He Norcosam, gorgeous bike!

    Any new updates? I could live with the extra weight. My only concern would be that it breaks on trail or on a trip with would ruin the day/holiday without possibilities of repair....
    170 miles on the Pinion AC.

    Loving it,getting used to the shifting now.

    New geometry seems to fit me better,feel more comfortable on this bike already.

    Pinion sent me a gearbox very quickly.

    Mine has now been repaired and is on the way back to me

  12. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    119
    Hia NS,
    Any drag from the Pinion? I hear of such issues with planetary systems, but perhaps not in this case?
    650, wow, cutting edge.
    Neil

  13. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by mudfish801 View Post
    Hia NS,
    Any drag from the Pinion? I hear of such issues with planetary systems, but perhaps not in this case?
    650, wow, cutting edge.
    Neil
    Dosent seem to have anymore drag than a standard system.

    225 miles on it now...Its amazing,did a few night time rides,that gets you used to the Pinion shifter really quickly

    System is fairly quiet aswell.

    Had someone ride it who has a Rohloff,said there was No drag compared to that.

    Pinion isnt a Planetary system,but would think the oil inside the box would cause a slight amount of drag.

  14. #39
    Distributor
    Reputation: nicolai-uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    232
    Mine has only been ridden 20 miles on road so far (but off to the Lakes at the weekend). So far pretty noisy - more so than an old run in Rohloff and the noise is whilst pedalling rather than when freewheeling. We'll see.
    Simon Still
    Momentum Distribution
    www.nicolai-uk.com

  15. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    53
    Did you ever find out why the gearbox broke? I'm looking into one of these but I weigh 210. Not going to be an option if it's weight related damage?
    Is the gearbox really that noisy?
    What is the gear spread like? Can you get up super steep hills?

  16. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by norcosam View Post
    Dosent seem to have anymore drag than a standard system.

    225 miles on it now...Its amazing,did a few night time rides,that gets you used to the Pinion shifter really quickly

    System is fairly quiet aswell.

    Had someone ride it who has a Rohloff,said there was No drag compared to that.

    Pinion isnt a Planetary system,but would think the oil inside the box would cause a slight amount of drag.
    Thanks
    does sound tempting, I'll be watching this thread.
    I wonder if they'll do an ION?

    n

  17. #42
    Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Reputation: Kirk Pacenti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,603
    I am really interested in this system, please keep us informed about it's long-term performance.

    Cheers,
    KP
    “Those that say it can’t be done should get out of the way of those doing it.”

    Pacenti Cycle Design

  18. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    43
    I have just ordered my Made in Germany Cheetah bike with a Pinion gear box. Cannot wait. I am hearing a lot of good stuff about the box.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •