mtbr member
    Mar 2006

New pics on the block

Today I visited the season-opening of the largest Nicolai dealer in the greater Cologne/Dusseldorf area ... and made a couple of pictures.

Argon CC 29er with Rohloff and Gates Carbon Drive

Nucleon E2

GBoxx Evo

Helius AC

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Part 2

Helius AM

Helius AFR

ION

MPire

Nucleon AM

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Part 3

Helius FR

Saturn

Lambda

Ufo DS

Trombone

mtbr member
    Great pics, thanks for sharing!!!

mtbr member
    Awesome pictures!

If they're just a distributor, then why do they have all those manufacturing machines?

Si vales, valeo.
    Wow, that Lambda looks wicked!
    "An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered." G.K. Chesterton

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Hope rear rotors are fitted wrong way round on team bike!

"Its All Good"
    Some sick sick pictures, thanks as always for sharing..... A whole lotta yummyness
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Good photos there,Thanks
    Loving the AC with Scmidt.
    ION Gbox is a stunner.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Another bunch of nice NICOLAI bike pics of the "open house" event at BikeBAUER (a NICOLAI premium shop) that were taken by the organizer himself: http://fotos.mtb-news.de/s/38650/page:1. Unfortunately, neither the announced NICOLAI E-bike prototype nor the all-new light-weight NICOLAI Nucleon AC were shown.
    Last edited by Wilhelm6; 03-27-2011 at 01:47 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm6
    the all-new light-weight NICOLAI Nucleon AC were shown.
    An AC with a Gearbox,Now that sounds good

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I agree. According to AttitudeBikesī report from the "Tapei Bike Show 2011" NICOLAI will came out with this new Nucleon model in summer 2011. Letīs hope that it will happen that way.
    Would be nice if they could make a lighter Gearbox unit,that would suit the AC and its lightweight xc/trail bike qualities.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by norcosam
    An AC with a Gearbox,Now that sounds good
    I agree. According to AttitudeBikesī report from the "Tapei Cycle Show 2011" NICOLAI will come out with this new Nucleon model in summer 2011. Letīs hope that it will happen that way.
    Last edited by Wilhelm6; 03-27-2011 at 03:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Moreover, it would be great to see a "Nucleon" with some sort of Dave WEAGLEīs SplitPivot + GATES "CenterTrack" type of CarbonDrive transmission. IMHO, I rather doubt that we will see such a type of rear suspension on a gearbox bike soon.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by norcosam
    Would be nice if they could make a lighter Gearbox unit,that would suit the AC and its lightweight xc/trail bike qualities.
    Iīm curious too.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    BTW, it would be exciting to compare a new light-weight type of UT G-Boxx side by side with the upcoming PINION P-1 gearbox some day.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Glad you all liked the pics.

@kim_jong_il,
    Selling bikes is kind of a 2nd business/side business to them, therefor all the heavy machining tools in the background.

Like Wilhelm says, I too would like to see exactly those gearbox options, especially the Pinion gearbox in an Argon. I'd like to see it in full-susp. too, but it would be much more engineering involved to put it there, then into a hardtail frame.

Nicolai
    Very Nice! As a premium shop they sure beat the whole world with the most fancyfull colour range and of course. Its nice to see the older models again!

Guys,

yes since its out of the bag, Nicolai IS trying to make a REALLY light weight Nucleon AC with a certain weight target in mind . However this is going to happen or not, we will only know when it surfaces on the net some where

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AttitudeBikes
    Very Nice! As a premium shop they sure beat the whole world with the most fancyfull colour range and of course. Its nice to see the older models again!

Guys,

yes since its out of the bag, Nicolai IS trying to make a REALLY light weight Nucleon AC with a certain weight target in mind . However this is going to happen or not, we will only know when it surfaces on the net some where
    I want one.That will be sweet

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    BTW, it would be exciting to compare a new light-weight type of UT G-Boxx side by side with the upcoming PINION P-1 gearbox some day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Testmaen
    Glad you all liked the pics.
    @kim_jong_il,
    Selling bikes is kind of a 2nd business/side business to them, therefor all the heavy machining tools in the background.
    Like Wilhelm says, I too would like to see exactly those gearbox options, especially the Pinion gearbox in an Argon. I'd like to see it in full-susp. too, but it would be much more engineering involved to put it there, then into a hardtail frame.
    ... given that Karlheinz NICOLAI resp. the UNIVERSAL TRANSMISSIONS GmbH (one of his companies) will continue to deal with gearbox R&D at all (Lord preserve us from a worst-case scenario) ...

(P.S., not to forget not only the all-new competitor, PINION but the presentation of the latest step in G-Boxx evolution so far, the G-Boxx 2 did happen already at December 24th 2007, resp. about 3 years ago, moreover this offer was withdrawn from a well interestet market in summer 2010) ...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Good pics!!

nucleon AC... If they really get a good weight... mmmm :-)