"Its All Good"

Monster Truck ready for Whistler...

With a trip to Whistler for 12 days upcoming, a few fixes, changes, additions to the Monster Truck for the trip...

Type 2 rear der, new cassette, chain.... New Enve rim, built back up with gun ho DT Swiss Spokes. New 35mm Easton bars and integrated stem... Same TLD saddle but new.... Re tuned CDB Air and full service on the Dorado Pro's..... New brake pads....

All is tickety boo...

Roll on Wednesday, for 10 Kiwis departing Auckland for Vancouver, then off to Whistler.... Am peaking......

T2R....

The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"El Whatever"
    Shizzle... I think I just jizzled my keyboard. That thing is sexy.

Going to the park only or all the surrounding trails?

Damn, I'm jealous.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    "Like dude, there's like this Kiwi dude on the A-Line, like totally whipping it up man on this like, rad awesome monster truck of a bike that, well, dude, it looks like it's a 29er man, but like, hey, he's totally shredding the gnar dude!

It's like freakin awesome man!"

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by geetee1972 View Post
    "Like dude, there's like this Kiwi dude on the A-Line, like totally whipping it up man on this like, rad awesome monster truck of a bike that, well, dude, it looks like it's a 29er man, but like, hey, he's totally shredding the gnar dude!

It's like freakin awesome man!"
    "Yeah, dude! That's so sick! I'm so stoked on getting a 29'er now!"
    Check my Site

"Its All Good"
    LOL.....

Will be riding the park and surrounding areas. 11 days on the ground so to speak, so maybe 4 days in the park. Other days ouT n about... Comfortably Numb, the Shore, etc etc.....

10 biking buddies from kiwi land, going to be rad.
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    No dropper?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Looking sweet mate.Watch out Whistler the Kiwis are coming.lol

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    No dropper?
    Am shy of Dropper Posts....

One day maybe...

New Thomson one looks mean as

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe View Post
    Am shy of Dropper Posts....

One day maybe...

New Thomson one looks mean as
    New Reverb i have here looks nice aswell,and stealth hoseing is nice

mtbr member
    The rig is still looking super sweet dude!
    www.essexhertsmtb.co.uk - Mountain Biking near London in the UK

Chamois Dropper
    That thing looks tough as hell. I'm jealous, have fun at Whistler...
    2008 GT Force
    Go Veg

"Its All Good"
    Thanks all... Yep, 2 sleeps to go until leaving, hard to concentrate at work.

To say I am excited is an understatement.....

mtbr member
    Are you going tubeless? Otherwise I'd remove that valve nut. Awesome ride, but I guess you know by now

edit: Have fun in Whistler!

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Woot!! Just back from two weeks there myself, shame we couldn't overlap. I rallied the heck out of the hill on my WFO 29'er, darn good times. I managed to break the headset on Crabapple Hits but then those are some well sized jumps. It handled everything else including the tech trails, brown snake, even dwayne johnson just fine. Rock on and enjoy the monster wheels!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    saw your group today. one guy had an ion green/white

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by bill34di View Post
    saw your group today. one guy had an ion green/white
    Yeah, first day today... Enjoyed Original Sin & Goats Gully....

Yep, 3 Nicolais, and a collection of other bikes....

10 days to go...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    cool! 1 day left for me tom. then have to leave

Just roll it......
    Whafe....talking to a buddy about Sat or Sunday daytrip. Will holler at you when it's figured out.

We'd be in the park.

EB

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme View Post
    Whafe....talking to a buddy about Sat or Sunday daytrip. Will holler at you when it's figured out.

We'd be in the park.

EB
    Sweet EB..... Phone is not working for some reason... A good off today on the triple role on In Deep.... All good though, wrist is a bit sore.

Got Goats Gully without a dab today for second time on it this trip...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Looking at the bike I can see why it's called Monster Truck but I didn't catch that it's a 29er. Looks just like a 26er as it has no odd angles. Best looking 29er I have ever seen! Such a beast. I love Nicolai's industrial-look with the gussets and straight tubing.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by bitewerks View Post
    Looking at the bike I can see why it's called Monster Truck but I didn't catch that it's a 29er. Looks just like a 26er as it has no odd angles. Best looking 29er I have ever seen! Such a beast. I love Nicolai's industrial-look with the gussets and straight tubing.
    Thanks for your comments. Quite a few say that it doesn't at first look like a 29er...

Love this bike....

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe View Post
    Thanks for your comments. Quite a few say that it doesn't at first look like a 29er...

Love this bike....
    Whafe, If possible please share your comments regarding what are people impressions at Whistler when they see you riding neck to neck with 26'ers.

I'm stung by curiosity.

Too much talk about "29'ers this, 29'ers that, wheels to heavy, too weak"... you know the score. But honestly very few have dare to build a 29'er suitable for HD riding.

Cheers, bro!
    Enjoy Whizzler!
    Check my Site

"Its All Good"
    Sorry for slow reply

Mmm, peoples first comments, that in itself is amusing... Most laugh to be honest, guess because it is different. In saying that have had some good conversations with people. A few have taken it for a pavement ride...

In my group, I wouldnt say I am slow, I pass a fair few people, but get passed also, dont think this has anything to do with the bike.... I really love chunk. Trails like Goats Gully spin my wheels, feel the 29er handles this better. I dont feel I have had any issues in the tight stuff.

My wheels seem to be holding up well thus far, I think the Enve rims come into there own for strength and stiffness, however as we know, they are not cheap...

Wheels still in perfect true....

I am leaking some air on the seal on the CCDB Air, am having to pump up the shock every few runs. Bit of a pain... The Cane Creek distributor in Canada are not great I have to say. Not getting at them, just from going to a few shops... The comments have all been the same...Not real good....

Other than that, am having a blast, body is battered and bruised, I am good at falling off... Good video of an OTB on a main metal track today, in the September Nicolai's in Action...

Too much talk about "29'ers this, 29'ers that, wheels to heavy, too weak"... you know the score. But honestly very few have dare to build a 29'er suitable for HD riding.

Cheers, bro!
    Enjoy Whizzler![/QUOTE]