Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Megavalanche 2011

Any Nicolai owners heading out to the Mega this year?

mtbr member

Mega!!

Sorry mate not this year due to work Aarrghh!!

I ran it last year though, so if you need any advice just holla!

It awesome fun, dont be too competitve and just smash the tails.

Good luck

Chaz

mtbr member
    This will actually be my third trip to the Mega with the fourth already booked for next year! Five of us are already planning the 2012 trip as a couple of the boys have scores to settle after last years event and can't make it this year .

"Its All Good"
    I entered last year, but travelling to Europe for work never worked out, there is a good chance I will be coming to Europe mid year, would LOVE to ride the Mega, so here is hoping the timing works out...

If not good for the Mega, will sort some sort of Nicolai get together somewhere..
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    i'll be there that week but will have the dh bike so wont be racing. Although as we cant find flights might end up having a little road trip, which would mean there'd be room for the FR too

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Not this year,But would like to next year.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Yep entering on the New AC, did it two years ago on my Titus Motolite so looking forward to the slightly, did say slightly, more suitable bike.

mtbr member
    A hardcore AC could be the perfect Mega bike! Could also be the perfect proving ground for the AM 29er!!!

Shakeyakey, I would have thought the FR would have been the perfect bike for most of Alpe d'Huez?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdr08
    A hardcore AC could be the perfect Mega bike! Could also be the perfect proving ground for the AM 29er!!!

Shakeyakey, I would have thought the FR would have been the perfect bike for most of Alpe d'Huez?
    Don't get me wrong the FR would be beauty, but I just can't bring myself to use chairlifts for a week then come home and push my Session up a hill for the rest of the year
    There's 4 of us going 2 are doing the mega while me and another are taking big bikes. Planning to head over to duex alps as it's so close too.

Like I said though unless we can find flights from somewhere decent then we might just end up driving. If we do then that would mean room for the FR would try enter the mega then too.

mtbr member
    Flying is too much hassle.
    Far better to load up the car with bikes, gear, tools and beer and just head south!

mtbr member
    Were all heading there by road with all five vehicles crossing the channel at varies times on Saturday so we can be all set up and ready come Sunday night.

Currently busy trying to find excuses why not to do the Mountain of Hell race the following weekend.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rpm100
    Flying is too much hassle.
    Far better to load up the car with bikes, gear, tools and beer and just head south!
    i hear that. Geneva airport hates bikes!!
    We had such a ballache last year going to Les Arcs, at one point i was stuck on the swiss side with both bikes and bags while my mate had walked though to the french side and couldn't get back. I literally had to throw/slide two bikes through two double sliding doors to him, funnily enough mountainbikes in bags dont make great bowling balls!

mtbr member
    Were all heading there by road with all five vehicles crossing the channel at varies times on Saturday so we can be all set up and ready come Sunday night.

Currently busy trying to find excuses why not to do the Mountain of Hell race the following weekend.
    you ridden in Les Arcs? you'd love it on the AM

mtbr member
    Shakeyakey, not ridden Les Arcs nor any other resort apart from Alpe d'Huez. Luckily were a little spoilt for riding in Scotland with everything from the local hills to cycling in the wilds of the Highlands including great trail centres and few chair lift assisted resorts not forgetting a World Cup downhill and an amazing Red route over 6km. About the only thing missing is the weather!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I will be there! but not with my nicolaļ this year

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I'll be in Les Arcs this year with the Nic from the 16th to 20th July, 3 days riding, 17/18/19, guided on the first two.

We'll be camping in Bourg St Maurice...road trip :-)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the_pilot
    I'll be in Les Arcs this year with the Nic from the 16th to 20th July, 3 days riding, 17/18/19, guided on the first two.

We'll be camping in Bourg St Maurice...road trip :-)
    Give chill chalet a shout, for what it'll cost you for a meal out and few beers you could stay there have 3 course amazing home cooked meal, drinks, comfy bed and breakfast!
    You using Rob from coolbus as a guide? Uber nice bloke, and make sure he shows you varda, double header and black 8 trails.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyril_88
    I will be there! but not with my nicolaļ this year
    "but not with my Nicolai"................eh? You should be ashamed with comments like that on the Nicolai forum .

So do we have to start guessing or are you going to tell us what bike you'll be riding at this years Mega?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    "but not with my Nicolai"................eh? You should be ashamed with comments like that on the Nicolai forum .

So do we have to start guessing or are you going to tell us what bike you'll be riding at this years Mega?
    I come with a 29er Niner RIP 9 so i prepare an Helius AM in 29' with special requirements for next season

mtbr member
    few more delayed pics from the macavalanche
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Megavalanche 2011-mac2.jpg  

Megavalanche 2011-mac1.jpg  

Megavalanche 2011-mac3.jpg  

Megavalanche 2011-mac4.jpg  

www.gravity-sports.co.uk

flash bikes for flash gits

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Dipper, Do you know the difference between the Macavalanche and the Megavalanche?

Obviously NOT since you posted pictures of the Mac on the Mega thread!

You fool.....damn fool

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by sdr08 View Post
    Dipper, Do you know the difference between the Macavalanche and the Megavalanche?

Obviously NOT since you posted pictures of the Mac on the Mega thread!

You fool.....damn fool
    Mwah ha ha ha... Sort it out.... (The TFR would be the weapon for the Mega for sure )
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    No one will notice. They look much the same

I suspect the Tfr would be a blast at the mega. It's got great suspension action, turns like no ther bike I've ridden and has a high bb(not that you'd know as it turns so well with all the weight being around the bb). As long as there's no uphill sections you'd never know it was 40+ lb either!
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

flash bikes for flash gits

mtbr member
    sdr i hear you were having a bit of a battle with my mate Danny on his blue alpine in qualies!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shakeyakey View Post
    sdr i hear you were having a bit of a battle with my mate Danny on his blue alpine in qualies!!
    Aye that could have been me. What number was he? qualifying was a bit of a disaster though as my chain came off and jammed half way down the firetrack from the start. I freewheeled down to the start of the rock plateau before pulling off for repairs and by the time it was fixed I was in last place. I then only managed about another 10 feet before the chain came off and jammed again! To say the air was 'blue' would be an understatement ! When I eventually got going there wasn't even another rider in sight ! By this point I thought it was all over and tootled off back down to Alpe d'Huez for an early bath. Well that was until l got to the second patch of snow and found a que of riders in front so the race was back on. I tell you that was hard going trying to get through all those riders and by the time i got to Alpe d'Huez I was burst which was when i realised that having not ridden the bottom half of the qualifier was maybe a mistake! and believe me I made loads of them.

I hope your mate was the rider I met on the last leg down to Huez village as I got a little frustrated trying to pass some riders during the top half and was maybe a little to aggressive/abusive in trying to get past.

So how was your week? and did you end up driving or flying?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast