Thread: Mazocchi 44's

Distributor

Mazocchi 44's

Thinking of trying a set on my AC. Has anyone ridden them? Disadvantages (other than being able to lock down for climbing)?

The coil RC3Ti comes in at 1971g which is only 28g heavier than the Air version according to their specs. Now thatís 170g heavier than the Fox Talas thatís fitted now but the compensation is seemingly fit & forget when it comes to maintenance.
    Simon Still
    Momentum Distribution
    www.nicolai-uk.com

mtbr member
    not tried the 44's simon but i really like the 66 and i've a couple customers on the 55 which they're really liking. Definitely worth a try i'd say. will definitely be better(from a pure performance point of view) than your current talas.
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

flash bikes for flash gits

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    My mate has the 44 micro ti Air.
    They are very sticky,i think there is a problem with them,I will be stripping them this weekend to see what the problem is.
    Would love to try a set of 44 rc3ti's,would make a very good trail fork.
    Have tried a set of 55's and they are very nice,Not the lightest,but feel buttery smooth and look nice,well built.

mtbr member
    just been having a look at the 2011 range and i see theyre now doing a 44 29er with 130>150mm travel. wish id spotted that before buying my float 29er's!

another option would be the Bos deville 140mm . weights about the same. from reading the reviews i suspect the marzocchi will still be the plusher fork but the deville will be better composed which may suit a bike like the AC better if you like to stand a crank
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

flash bikes for flash gits

Distributor
    I think they're internally adjustable rather than on the fly. What are the BOS rep for reliability like (and can you point me at the reviews)? I tend to be more of a smooth spinner than a stomper (and you can wind up the compression on the 44's anyway i think).

Also wondering whether to get a 2010 set at 140mm to compensate for not being able to lock down for climbing.
    Simon Still
    Momentum Distribution
    www.nicolai-uk.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Simon, the BOS has had very good user reports (see for example the "BOS Suspension" thread on this forum) and many people have commented on their reliability. Roger at R53 (distributor) recommends combining with Stoy shock and this has been confirmed by users. They are supposed to be bringing out an air version very soon.

What shock are you using?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Bos Deville 140mm,Would be sweet on an Ac perfect Axle to crown.Seem more active and dive less than the Revelations,Also ride higher in the travel.Damping is amazing,a bit different to other forks,a bit lively and bouncy in the car park.