"Its All Good"

A mate for my Nicolai's

After many years searching for this item, I finally found one for sale and made a purchase.... It sits very proudly in the bike den with its Nicolai buddies......

The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    After many years searching for this item, I finally found one for sale and made a purchase.... It sits very proudly in the bike den with its Nicolai buddies......

BTW, why the hell don´t you use your Nucleon TFR anymore?

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm6
    BTW, why the hell don´t you use your Nucleon TFR anymore?
    Very good question!

Too much upgradeitis and to many bikes to choose from....

Not Spam, but if there is any Nicolai peeps whom would like a TFR, let me know...

I had it built up more for DH, then got the ION ST.... I would actually like to see the TFR built up for more AM type riding.... Would be interesting.....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Very good question!

Too much upgradeitis and to many bikes to choose from....

Not Spam, but if there is any Nicolai peeps whom would like a TFR, let me know...

I had it built up more for DH, then got the ION ST.... I would actually like to see the TFR built up for more AM type riding.... Would be interesting.....
    I see. But unfortunately you are not the only one* who was eliminating a G-Boxx bike in favor of (a) derailleur-type bike(s) for some reason (in the first place weight penalty?) ...
    However, it is not at all promising in the sense of the further advancement of the gearbox concept.

* ... http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showpos...&postcount=563, http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showpos...&postcount=564

mtbr member
    Another TFR for sale here.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=150349235381

I think about upgrading or reducing weight on my Nucleon everytime I have to take it up a hill... but I have better things to think about on the way back down.

In the five years since I bought it things have moved on in the 6-7" travel world with lightweight AM becoming the buzz; although I'd rather have a bike that is not going to fall apart under me.

Oh, and nice new toy Whafe ;-)

"Its All Good"
    I am not at all discounting a GBoxx type bike, I am all for it..... I didnt at all build the TFR for AM type riding, I was going to go to a ION GBoxx, it wasnt quite advanced enough to bring one to New Zealand. All good in Germany or Europe, should there be an issue, but too hard from down here in the wonder land of New Zealand....

I will be the first to jump on a GBoxx type bike that can be like say an AM / FR and weigh 34 lbs......

Again, to be fair, maybe I need to build up the TFR againn in a lighter weight guise.....

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Again, to be fair, maybe I need to build up the TFR againn in a lighter weight guise.....
    Apart from the rear wheel, you could use most of the parts from your FR, I guess. Or not ?

Don't know if it would be worth the work though, if it would only be 1 pound lighter, than before ... ?!

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Testmaen
    Apart from the rear wheel, you could use most of the parts from your FR, I guess. Or not ?

Don't know if it would be worth the work though, if it would only be 1 pound lighter, than before ... ?!
    Exactly right, has gone through my mind for sure....

May do it at some stage.....

Nicolai
    the lightest and only build i guess for TFR here is at 18- 19ish KG... and the frame is forsale now... too much for singapore

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Just modified quickly an existing Excel-file ... had it at 16kg dead with an air-shock and 2.5kg for fork. Guess with yor 36 Talas and the CCDB it could end up 16-16.5kg.

BUT that's not the topic of this thread . What kind of a flipper is that ?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    you have the addam's family pinball machine? that is the best pinball game ever made. love it!

it's also known as the pinball machine that requires the most maintenance given the complexity.

wish i had one!

i kn

"Its All Good"
    It to is my most favorite pinball game ever.... Go the Adams Family.... Other favorites are Twilight Zone & Star Trek..... Mmmm have not had to do any maintenance as yet....

Testmaen - I am going to build up the TFR in the next week or so....

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    whats the price for the frame only? thshh at mac.com

Members who have read this thread: 0