mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Knocking sound in helius CC - shock bushings?

No ones answered my tyre clearance and travel questions about the Helius CC yet (see below), so I thought I'd add another question with a different title and subject! The frame I'm looking to buy second hand (2005 Helius CC) has a lound knock and 'jump' in movement right at the end of extension travel if you hold the rear wheel and pull up on the frame to fully extend the shock (x-fusion o2 RC). Is this a) something to do with the shock bushings that are proabably worn after 2-3 years of use, b) something to do with the shock that won't ever happen in real life on the trails but is only because I'm puttingan unnaturally directed force into the frame, or c) a sign of serious problems? I'm pretty certain it's not c) as the owner himself pointed it out and he is about to open a bikeshop and either sell Nicolai or at least maintain a very good relationshiop with the distributor over here! Any thoughts? All being well I should have a 2005 L Helius CC in camo green in my hands on Monday eve and begin swapping the bits from my just snapped Bontrager late into the night!

CAO
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    option A is the most likely answer. super cheap to replace those worn bushings and a good idea if they haven't been replaced in 2-3 years. they are designed to wear so you don't ruin your shock.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks CAO, thats what I'm hoping. May even get a different shock with new bushings included - anyone have any thoughts on the x-fusion o2 RC on a Helius CC, good or bad? Most likely replace with a fox RP2 (as I can get it cheap) and eventually get that pushed... Or is the propedal not going to be a big difference when I can set the rebound and compression seperatly on the 02?