Ion 16 650b...
Frame arrived today.
Waiting for a few parts,so will build next week
That looks awesome Sam
Question if you don't mind... how was the Reset headset on your AC? Would you (did you) buy a new one for this?
Reset racing headset is still on the AC. Seems to be very good and well sealed.
I have a Hope headset fitted to this...A lot cheaper and seems to be quite well sealed.
Thanks mate,looking forward to riding it
Thanks Sam, I hope the Hope works for you. My experience is that Hope are not well sealed... but the bearings are stainless steel so they don't rust but they do get graunchy
I'm going with a King again.
Get it built
Raw for the win - cant wait to see it built up
Hope hoops, Arch ex rims- Conti Trail King Black Chilli,2.2x 650b.. Tubeless
Rear wheel fitted with Sram X01 11 speed 10-42 Cassette.
180mm Avid Rotor
Avid X0 Trail brakes in Polished. 180mm Rotor
Pike 160mm 650b with Avid X0 trail Brake fitted 180mm rotor
Chris King BB
Monarch plus 215x63mm Low/low
Truvativ Blackbox Clementz Carbon Bars 750mm,Bontrager 50mm stem
(bars are now centered)
X01 11speed Drivetrain
* Rider height, weight, ride style e.g XC, endurance,trail, hucker etc
Do it all/Enduro/All mountain/xc
* Frame, Size, & Color:Ion 16 650b in Large,Raw and Ano Red
* Fork:Pike 650b 160mm RT3
* Shock, i2i, stroke, Monarch plus 215x63mm
* Brakes:Avid X0trails
* Cranks:X01 with 32 t
* Front Derailleur:-
* Rear Derailleur:X01
* Pedals:Xtr m980
* Stem:Bontrager 70mm
* Handlebar:Truvativ Blackbox Clementz Carbon 750mm
* Seatpost:Bontrager Elite, Reverb 150mm on order
* Saddle:Bontrager Evoke Carbon
* Bottom Bracket:Chris King
* Cassette:X01 11 speed 10-42
* Headset:Hope semi integrated
* Grips:ESI Chunky
* Front Tire:Hans Dampf 2.25 Trailstar Snakeskin TLR
* Front Rim/ Spokes:Stans Arch ex-Tubeless
* Front Hub/Skewer:Hope Pro 2 evo 15mm in Red
* Rear Tire:Conti Trail King Black chilli Protection 2.2 Tubeless
* Rear Rim:Arch ex
* Rear Hub/Skewer:Hope pro 2 evo in Red 142 & 11 speed freehub
* Overall Weight:28.5
Lovely... but show us the whole beast!
Just received my Light-bicycles Carbon 650b rims.. will build them up in the next few days.
Hope to have a sub 1700g wheelset that is 35mm outside,30mm inside..
Using Hope Pro 2 evo hubs,so wont be superlight but will be durable
Ion 16 650b...
Sounding like a stiff solid set of wheels about to make an appearance...
Carbon rims are an amazing upgrade, stiff, stiff and more stiff
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"
By morkys in forum 27.5 - 650b
Last Post: 03-22-2014, 09:29 AM
By PCinSC in forum 27.5 - 650b
Last Post: 08-28-2013, 04:46 PM
By tortfeasor in forum 27.5 - 650b
Last Post: 05-17-2013, 07:47 AM
By Joe-it-all in forum Santa Cruz
Last Post: 07-04-2012, 07:00 AM
By joehoek in forum 27.5 - 650b
Last Post: 02-05-2012, 09:20 PM