Thread: Helius Swingarm

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Helius Swingarm

I figured that with an audience containing most of the Nicolai addicts in the world that this forum would be a good place to pose a few questions.

Short version of the story is I have a 2004/5 Helius ST with the offset seat tube. The rear end was squashed in shipping. Only about 15mm but it required some pretty good force to get it straight. While it appears to be ok, it does have some decent grind marks from chain drops. That, coupled with the compromised swing arm, leaves me with an interest in replacing the swing arm/chainstays.

So my questions are:
    Does anyone have a decent Helius swing arm they'd be willing to unload for a fee?
    Does anyone know what the difference is between Helius models with respect to the swing arm? I do realize that a CC or AC will have smaller tubing, but the swing arm on this ST is almost identical to my AFR's. It's center to center on the pivots is exactly the same. There are just a couple subtle differences in the yoke machining.
    What is the reason for the small offset in the seat tube? I've only seen one other online with that detail Think it was a camo powdered one. I'm guessing that being an early model that it was necessary for wheel clearance. It is a medium frame.

Think that's it.
    Thanks in advance for any help

"El Whatever"
    Sorry to be of no help... for all I know, the swingarms sometimes are different. I know for sure that for the 2009 to 2010 Helius AC, the swingarms are not the same. There are small "cosmetic" differences (two holes or one at the yoke, tabs for cable guides, etc) but I would not be surprised if there were any more drastic changes (like chainstay length).

Better ask Nicolai directly which models are compatible.
    Check my Site