mtbr member

Helius FR - Let loose in the French Alps for a wkend

Apologies for the poor pic quality.. from a variety of cameras and dodgy photgraphers.

The bike held up superbly to a good alpine thrashing. With only my mate on his VP free and fox 40's quicker in a strait line.. it was only for the big big drops and very steep bits that i wish I had something bigger and slacker. It was lovely in the corners once I had it dialed!

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

Check the dudes in matching Lycra sunning themselves!

'All over it!'
    Awesome pics Karve, it looks like the FR is some bike and that scenery is awesome, even the weather looked good.

lazy piston
    Mar 2006
    Cool! Where exactly is that? I've been to Portes du Soleil region but from the pics I can't tell if it's there or not.

mtbr member
    Great pics Karve. Natural territory for a Helius FR. I'm off to Spain with mine in September and your pics are making me want to fly tomorrow.

mtbr member
    It's in the bike park of chatel, I'm sure I've been there a lot of time ! Really the best part of the portes du soleil, but not the most known !
    Some pics are nice ! I'll be there next week for two or three day, if you want to recognize me I have a green Ion !
    Never enough singletracks !

mtbr member
    Yep chatel bike park got ridden a lot although we roamed all over the Portes du Soleil. awesome area with a real variety of trails.

Weather was awsome.. we really got lucky.. not to many braking bumps either!

Im back there end of next week... will get better pics then

I saw someone on a green ION when I was out there in the lift que.. weekend before last!

samwell - got any recommendations for favourite trails in the region?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    great pics, Karve!

cool stuff!

mtbr member
    If you haven't tried and if your level is good enough, you should really try champery, not only the World Cup track, but there are really good tracks there !
    The tracks of Morgins are really the best for me, a lot of technical singles in the middle of the forest with northshore, really good !
    There are also other stations near les portes du soleil, La clusaz is a good one wit really good tracks, and a lot of secret singletracks !
    If you got the luck to stay near grenoble, I could show you other stations with really good trails too, but it's a bit far from the Portes Du Soleil
    The Green Ion that you've seen was certainly Jerome BIGONI's one, the brother of the european junior champion last year ! He's really fast too !
    Never enough singletracks !

Team Mistermoonbikes
    great pics...

I go all the summers to the Alps. The last summer with my Helius FR. ;-)
    More than 15.000 posts in foromtb.com, from Murcia, Spain, garypalmer....

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Karve
    Apologies for the poor pic quality.. from a variety of cameras and dodgy photgraphers.

The bike held up superbly to a good alpine thrashing. With only my mate on his VP free and fox 40's quicker in a strait line.. it was only for the big big drops and very steep bits that i wish I had something bigger and slacker. It was lovely in the corners once I had it dialed!
    Awesome pics... Love the finnish on your bike, and the views and trails just look so fantastic... thanks for sharing...

mtbr member
    Looking sweet man.
    I just need to be able to ride before 23rd August as i'm off to Chamonix for a week with the FR..
    Nicolai Bikes in the South of England head to..
    http://www.head-for-the-hills.co.uk

mtbr member
    Hows the healing going Scotty?

Last week..after coming back from the Alps.. and not having crashed once.. i was feeling that the skills were sharp and went for a post work spin round epping.. after nailing section after section.. i got a bit cocky... and hammered the last descent.. leaving the trail and hitting the road at the end at warp factor 9 the bike spun out as it hit the gravel....

I wasn't on the Nicolai BTW... my old cannondale... so no scratches on the bling machine!

lol

You live - You learn.. could have been a lot worse TBH

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by samwell
    If you haven't tried and if your level is good enough, you should really try champery, not only the World Cup track, but there are really good tracks there !
    The tracks of Morgins are really the best for me, a lot of technical singles in the middle of the forest with northshore, really good !
    There are also other stations near les portes du soleil, La clusaz is a good one wit really good tracks, and a lot of secret singletracks !
    If you got the luck to stay near grenoble, I could show you other stations with really good trails too, but it's a bit far from the Portes Du Soleil
    The Green Ion that you've seen was certainly Jerome BIGONI's one, the brother of the european junior champion last year ! He's really fast too !

Cheers for the tips samwell!.. ill let you know if I find any of that next time i am there!

wyrd bi ful rd
    excellant pics karve ...

trails get you when you least expect it ... anyway we are having a winter spell for you to heal up ...

'All over it!'
    Join the club Karve, at least it's only a flesh wound. Healing vibes mate.

Drink...sleep
    Looks familiar Karve . Upped that travel on the Lefty to 130mm yet?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chinaman
    excellant pics karve ...

trails get you when you least expect it ... anyway we are having a winter spell for you to heal up ...

Now this is just so true....
    Nicolai Bikes in the South of England head to..
    http://www.head-for-the-hills.co.uk

"Its All Good"
    Sweet sweet post.... Great shots even with crappy photography....

Heal up bro...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"