"Its All Good"

The Helius FR gets better each ride

Well, I am in LOVE.....The FR gets better each ride, or lets say I am getting to know her more.... It climbs well, handles great, is great in the air.... Just brilliant....

Rode with Momentus on his Moment and another riding buddy, Boydie on his Spe Enduro (which actualy cracked in the frame on the chainstay on this ride) A real bummer, we are all competing in the 6 hour Brake Burner Race on 2 Feb http://brakeburner.co.nz/ And Mr Mark Weir is racing in this race, great for New Zealand MTB...

Few pics of our ride, some good, some not so good...........

Pic 1 = the boys
    Pic 2 - 3 = Momentus
    Pic 4 = Boydie
    Pic 5 = Whafe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"Its All Good"
    Few more pics.......

Pic 1 = Whafe
    Pic 2 = Momentus (well half of him, great shot Boydie)
    Pic 3 Whafe
    Pic 4 / Momentus on the double teeta totta thingy majingy
    Pic 5 / Boydie on the new down hill log skinny
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

'All over it!'
    It looks as though you are loving that ride there Whafe. I have been building mine up this morning. I think it's going to turn out at about 36lb, (thats with a saint chainset, bashring, chain guide and the steel spring). I think I will have a chat with Err to source me a Ti spring once I have the shock set up.

Only bummer is now waiting another day for my Pro II 12mm conversion kit and my thompson seatpost from the good old USof A.

Whafe, pictures are in hand. Hopefully this afternoon. Stoked that you are enjoying the FR, I can't wait. Just one for all those who may purchase the FR in XL. The gusset on the head tube is different from what is on the website. It's not ugly in anyway, just different. More will be seen when pictures are added. Watch my thread.......

A member of the club at last!!

'All over it!'
    By the way, Whafe, what camera and lens do you use to get those fantastic action shots as I want one!

"Its All Good"
    Hi Lorni, camera is the point and shoot Canon SD700 IS.... Tomorrow morning I am going to take the Digi SLR I think. Be my last ride here for a few weeks as I head back to Europe tomorrow also. So will get a 6AM ride in.....

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Lookin' good Whafe!

"Its All Good"
    Oh yes, lovin it Err, we built a beast here, believe me on that one, she handles like a dream and is great in the air....

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    kickin arse Whafe, good stuff.
    Hopefully I can plan a NZ 'business' trip sometime this year and bring my Nic to come out and play with yours.
    I did a relatively long ride couple of days ago near the Blue Mountains which covered the whole spectrum of all-mtn biking
    steep ups and downs, loose, rocky techincal, supersonic downhill sweeps and root-laiden singtrack. The Nic excelled at every point.
    Despite it still being undersprung for my weight (I'm almost 15kgs over my 'fit' weight), the thing climbed extremely well.

The only hiccup was during a singletrack run, I plowed into a sand bank thinking it was a berm, throwing me over the handlebars while my hands were still grasping the grips.
    First point of contact with the sandstone stump was my Giro Atmos which took the full brunt of the impact. 3mm indent on the right side, plus a scab that spans from my anke to knee.
    It was no fault of the Nic, just my stupidity.

'All over it!'
    I know where you are coming from there lordmike. I plan to use my Nic to it's fullest, but to be honest, I think I will bottle it before the bike gives up. I want to learn to do the jumping thing that I don't seem to be able to do well. At least I know have the bike to do it on.

"Its All Good"
    Lordi, be great if you could sort something out over this side of the ditch, more than welcome to come and play. Will sort something for sure...

The Helius FR in the air is dreamy.... Love it......

I had an over the bars last ride to, on a double tee totla thingy... Just elbow crazes etc...

Gotta be falling off to move forward...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe

Gotta be falling off to move forward...
    Sums it up quite well, hahaha

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    JEALOUS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

"Its All Good"
    Uncle C, just let it take its course, you know you want to have a Nicolai before you head off elsewhere...... Succumb my friend.....LOL

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    sweet pics, Whafe!

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    sweet pics, Whafe!
    yep, go the little point n shoot..............

mtbr member

All looking very good.

Well I must say I wish that the Sun would come out here so I could enjoy my Helius FR with getting soaked through.

All your photos make me wish I could pack the bike up and fly over there and play for a week.

O well of to Wales at the weekend to see how she likes the bigger Hills/Mountains.

Whafe keep those great photos coming as it make me feel less unhappy seeing that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Scott
    Nicolai Bikes in the South of England head to..
    http://www.head-for-the-hills.co.uk