"Its All Good"

The Helius FR in Barcelona Searching for new SingleTrack

Went to work, sorted stuff, then headed out for a ride, more or less in the area I normally ride, but had a distinct feeling to search for new trails. There has been almost a week of rain, so this has indeed made some new lines so to speak, being really sandy grit base, water gathers some serious momentum and carves lines of its own...

You will have to trust me, being solo today, no action shots, I am a shocker at self timer action shots.... So all in all, found some cool new steep lines, was a blast, have not really had much time in the Barcelona area on the Helius FR, so was great fun..

Temps are getting warmer, bit the humidity felt 99.9%, sweat like the proverbial sweating thing....

A few shots below....

Posing at the top of the first major climb......

Always stop here for a stretch, they have moved me sign some 2 meters and put up a fence... Mmmmmm

Cracked this nasty little drop off wash out, as normal, pictures dont do it justice, but lost it major here on the Jones last time I came down this feature. So was rather chuffed to crack it today... Not just saying, but it is more of a biatch that it looks....

Some classic great SingleTrack that is in abundance in this area, very much a blast, you can link a ride to be any distance you so desire....

Thats it......

Am all ready to head to Andorra early early in the morning to go and watch the UCI DH WC at Vallnord Bike Park in Andorra..... Looking forward to it, especially seeing as I have ridden most of this course, gives me a better impression for the riders, whom will more than likely cut my piss weak time by a HUGE margin..... Just checked the forecast, 40% chance of rain they are saying, another forecast is saying rain.... Oh well, what will be, will be...... Will get some pictures and post them up, will take the lappy with me and 3G card and try and upload some during the day....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Sounds and looks like you don't have a bad time on your travels..
    Dorking next weekend ! Hope the weather sorts it self out by then !
    Nicolai Bikes in the South of England head to..
    http://www.head-for-the-hills.co.uk

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by 5c0tty
    Sounds and looks like you don't have a bad time on your travels..
    Dorking next weekend ! Hope the weather sorts it self out by then !
    Yeah for sure, the last few months have been, Ride in NZ one weekend, the next weekend in California, the next week end in Barcelona..

But this month will be, NZ, Ca, Barcelona then Dorking...... Am a travel whore...

Yes the weather here doesnt know what to do... May rain I think....

Even if the weather is poo's we will have some fun for sure. But will be better if it is fine...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

'All over it!'
    Sounds fantastic out there Whafe, as 5c0tty says, Dorking next weekend and really looking forward to it. Went out for a ten mile road ride today to see how the leg will hold up. It went really well and was able to maintain a good momentum until a very steep road hill which caused some discomfort. So, it's looking ok on the flats and the downhill, but a slow grind up. Looking forward to hooking up with you all in Dorking.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by lornibear
    Sounds fantastic out there Whafe, as 5c0tty says, Dorking next weekend and really looking forward to it. Went out for a ten mile road ride today to see how the leg will hold up. It went really well and was able to maintain a good momentum until a very steep road hill which caused some discomfort. So, it's looking ok on the flats and the downhill, but a slow grind up. Looking forward to hooking up with you all in Dorking.
    Awesome Lorni, had been wondering about your leg, cool to hear that it is in an ok condition it seems, we can all cruise the ups, will not be a race, we can potter about and session some parts and generally have a blast, get some photos, talk some crap, will be a great day...

Looking forward to putting some faces to MTBR handles, always an amusing time.... Dam hard in the end to remember peoples real names.... Well I am blonde....

So am sure some more healing will take place on your leg this week, so good to go

Drink...sleep
    Looking good Whafe, all that traveling does have its benefits! You're right drops always look easy of photo and video. Whenever I come home with stories about crazy stuff and show the pics, you always get the 'is that all?' comment from those who never even touch a bike.

Also looking forward to meeting. Will try to get the rental earlier so I'm at the airport right as you arrive Whafe, I expect it'll be quite busy on the roads around London. As preparatory excercise I did the local trails today on the street/DJ bike, 25km of biking with hardly ever sitting down on the saddle . Good to hear about the leg as well Lorni, just chill it out on the way up.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozzz
    Looking good Whafe, all that traveling does have its benefits! You're right drops always look easy of photo and video. Whenever I come home with stories about crazy stuff and show the pics, you always get the 'is that all?' comment from those who never even touch a bike.

Also looking forward to meeting. Will try to get the rental earlier so I'm at the airport right as you arrive Whafe, I expect it'll be quite busy on the roads around London. As preparatory excercise I did the local trails today on the street/DJ bike, 25km of biking with hardly ever sitting down on the saddle . Good to hear about the leg as well Lorni, just chill it out on the way up.
    Hear you on the drops. always look lame in pictures...

Awesome you can get off work earlier, really appreciate it.... Can build the bikes, which takes piss all time though....

I kept up my tradition of falling off every ride today, bent the rear rotor etc, so dropped her to my buddy at the bike shop, the FR is getting a little present, a work over and the fork serviced and an oil change......

The DJ bike is always a great workout, like SingleSpeeding.... Good stuff......

Hope am not the lame unfit one.....

Drink...sleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Hear you on the drops. always look lame in pictures...

Awesome you can get off work earlier, really appreciate it.... Can build the bikes, which takes piss all time though....

I kept up my tradition of falling off every ride today, bent the rear rotor etc, so dropped her to my buddy at the bike shop, the FR is getting a little present, a work over and the fork serviced and an oil change......

The DJ bike is always a great workout, like SingleSpeeding.... Good stuff......

Hope am not the lame unfit one.....
    Hehe, I haven't asked at work, I'm just going, moohahaha! Fork serviced already? You're right though, better come well prepared for the massive weekend. I still need to bleed the rear brake, it's rather spongy. Anyone know by any chance which size torx screw Hope uses for the Moto V2 reservoir cap on the lever?

My DJ bike actually is a single speed too, best of both worlds

"Its All Good"
    Sweet Boozzz, good to be able to do the old walk out, flexible hours are great, I am a bit spoilt being a boss, not a biggie for me.... LOL

Yeah, the fork probly doesnt need a service, 6 months old, but will do a heap of riding the first 2 weeks of July when I do a roadie from Ca to NM and CO in the States, so best to get it sorted now.....

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Hello Whafe!!!

Nice to see the Helius finally in Barcelona!!!

If you are still here these days and want to ride with us, please send me an email, next saturday (june-28) we'll go to La Molina Bike Park...

The last few months I've been missing in mtbr...the Specialized forum is too massive, don't know anybody there...

I'm very happy with the Stumpjumper and the SX Trail, especially with the SX...

bye

Meduix

"Its All Good"
    Hola Meduix

Yes, the Helius has been in Barcelona, it is asleep in my office at present, am away in Poland at present, fly to Turkey tomorrow..

Would love to go to the Bike Park with you all, 99% I will be flying to the USA, leave on the 28th in the morning

Yes have not seen you around at all on mtbr....

Glad to hear you are rocking it on the SX......

Catch up somewhere hopefully

Cheers
    Whafe

Quote Originally Posted by meduix
    Hello Whafe!!!

Nice to see the Helius finally in Barcelona!!!

If you are still here these days and want to ride with us, please send me an email, next saturday (june-28) we'll go to La Molina Bike Park...

The last few months I've been missing in mtbr...the Specialized forum is too massive, don't know anybody there...

I'm very happy with the Stumpjumper and the SX Trail, especially with the SX...

bye

Meduix

i can't type the letter s
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Hola Meduix

Yes, the Helius has been in Barcelona, it is asleep in my office at present, am away in Poland at present, fly to Turkey tomorrow..

Would love to go to the Bike Park with you all, 99% I will be flying to the USA, leave on the 28th in the morning

Yes have not seen you around at all on mtbr....

Glad to hear you are rocking it on the SX......

Catch up somewhere hopefully

Cheers
    Whafe
    I don't get to the Nicolai forum much Whafe. Good work on the drop off there! I love Barcelona but I've never brought my bike to ride. PM me when you get to SoCal.

"Its All Good"
    Hi ya MJ - Sure will, am coming through LA on Saturday night this week, on my way to NZ, then be back the following week.... The girls changed the plans for the roadie trip, so I had to rejig things also, but will be keen to ride again soon... Am going to sort some time to ride somewhere for a week....

Hope all else is well