mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Helius FR 2007 Pivot issue

Hello

I was wondering if some one could help me with a pivot question?

I have a Helius FR 2007 with some proper creaking going on I would like to inspect the pivot bearings to check them. Is ther any info on how to do this? I have tried tighing them but they only tighten so far (probably a good thing) I also have a tiny amount of movement in the rear triangle hence why I think the pivots going.

Any help or advice would be most greatfully received.

Twotone

P.s. changed all my barings in the rear hub (pro 2) the other week so I can rule that out..

mtbr member
    if you've not serviced them since 2007 I'd suspect they're toast. Do you have a local dealer? If not you'll need a service kit but it's not really a DIY job unless you're pretty confident with the old spanners and have access to a vice
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

flash bikes for flash gits

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Edinburgh based so not really. I normally use icycles (innerleithen) but their not a dealer. Am pretty handy with spaners and have replced pivots before just not on a nicolai and have access to a vice. Is the servicing pack expensive?

Haven't serviced them as they seemed bullet proof till now. Also just started riding again after a year of injury.

I don't actually know anywhere that might do it in the Scotland area as I got it straight from nicolai-uk.....

mtbr member
    The Hub at GT will be your nearest dealer. I'm sure they'd do it for you or you can always give me a shout if not. I can get the bike collected by courier. However if you're confident I can get you the tools and pivots and give moral support over the phone if you fancy doing them yourself.
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

flash bikes for flash gits

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Dipper thanks for the help.

I will be in contact regarding the above in the near future.
    At the moment I'm going to change the shock bushing and see how that goes.

Again thanks for the info

James