mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Helius CC advice

Hi - I hope someone can offer some advice regarding sizing on a Helius CC. I'm hoping to take up the stock clearance offer on Nicolai UK's website but I'm unsure what size to go for.

I'm 5'11" but I don't know which size to go for - Medium or Large. I mainly ride XC trails, head down ass in the air. I'm not 100% convince the CC is the frame for me but, if I get something a little... erm burlier it may encourage me to move away from regular XC trails.

Thanks

Al

mtbr member
    Hiya Alex. I'm 5'7"/8 and ride a medium so guess you'd need a large. I loved my CC it was amazing. Now looking forward to my new one arriving in December. Good luck and I hope you love yours as much

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Hey,

Thanks Mugtree, I'm kinda leaning towards the large but was looking at the steep seat tube angle and wondering what, if any effect it would have on the effective top tube length.

Hope you enjoy your new frame as much as your last!

mtbr member
    Mmm not sure about the top tuble length on a large. I know on mine it was short and I was more comfertable with a ley back seat post. But God could the thing climb, amazing; it was also bloody great coming down too but it was the way it went up hill that sold me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Alex,

I am just over 5'11" and ride a large CC frame. I used to race XC on a Scott Spark RC and to get a similar riding position I use a 90mm stem and a 25mm lay back seat post. This has given me exactly what I want in an agressive XC bike. I am just as fast on the climbs than the Spark if not faster on techincal climbs but the CC is so much better over the rough stuff and you can decend with much greater commitment and confidence.

David.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Hey, Thanks David, I really appreciate that.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'm the same height as you and ride a large CC with an in-line post and a 90mm zero rise stem.

It's true they climb like a demon, better than my hardtail! Going down, for an XC bike they bloody good.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Thanks Steve, I'm hoping I'll have it built up by next week.

I haven't been this excited since I got my Action Man helicopter

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Get some pics up when you do in the build thread