Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Helius AM - Frame weights?

2K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  sdr08 
#1 ·
I don't suppose any of you fine gentlemen would happen to know the weight of a large AM frame with 1.5 HT?
Have emailed Nicolai direct but haven't heard back - must be due to the Easter Break.....

#27 ·
SDR Couldn't you cure that by just using the corresponding levers, i.e. the ones from the original first generation Helius AM?

This solution would be based on the fact that the location of the levers and the shock mountin plates (i.e. the ones welded to the frame) haven't changed.

#28 ·
geetee1972 said:
SDR Couldn't you cure that by just using the corresponding levers, i.e. the ones from the original first generation Helius AM?

This solution would be based on the fact that the location of the levers and the shock mountin plates (i.e. the ones welded to the frame) haven't changed.
I originally asked for a set of the old style levers but was told that the only option was new front mounting plates so I assume that they aren't interchangeable. Tech sheets list the new AM as having 171mm of travel in the top hole so by fitting a 200x57mm shock it'll reduce the travel down to 154mm which is still a good figure but doesn't match the original travel figures for the Mk1 AM so I'm assuming that the mounting points/positions have changed.

I have a Stoy and RP23 in 216x63mm size for the AM and just bought the additional mounts so I could try my CCDB but from all the good things I'm hearing about the Stoy I probably won't bother.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.