steep fast and loose :)

Helius AM - Adaptable (and modified again)....

made some subtle changes to the AM over the last couple of weeks....

I've px'd the Moto's for some new Hope Tech M4's : 203 / 180.. more bite than the Moto's and more modulation available too, if slightly less power which I didn't need anyway ...

The big ring has gone in favour of a new Gamut 36T bash.

The CCDB is due this week, so Dipper has his CCDB back and my Monarch replaces it momentarily....

The rear is at ~ 140mm travel and the TALAS is at 130mm....Fantastic settings for my local forest.....

New Goodridge gear cabling - Not too sure about this c/f the Shimano cabling which is smother if not as strong

New CK headset and Hope bolt seat clamp.

Revised graphics.

Swapped my rear wheel with my Hummer's rear wheel as the Hummer is out of action at the moment

Gratuitous (crap) pics :

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Dam*! That thing evolved quite nicely!!!

How do you like the Tech M4's so far?

Ever thought about putting an Evolver ISX-6 on that (although the CCDB is coming)?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thats turning into a truely awesome bike.

Testmaen - No - Not considering the Evolve as I'm really anticipating the CCDB and the Monarch is a back up shock and / or long trail centre day shock
    If I was to consider another air shock, (which are really wooden and limit depth of play on the AM), it would be the RP23, but unfortunately, in 200 x 57 the RP23 is only available in an HV can size and for my weight, I need the LV can....

Testmaen - As i said, the Tech M4's (also fitted to my Ti456) are sharper, more responsive and provide better modulation (if required) to my MOTO's, which were unnecessarily powerful
    i try to ride off the brakes wherever possible

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I wonder how they compaire to the tech motos then.

the tech moto's are exactly as powerful as the moto V2's before them. same caliper and effective braking surface area, just different lever (tech lever same as the tech m4 lever).......
    over powerful for everything in the UK...........unless you're a braking scaredy-cat

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Yes, they are over powerfull for the uk, but i find them just right for the alps where i'm a braking scaredy-cat.

They are the only brake that i have managed not to over heat maybe due to the vented rotor and i fi ran them without it they might.

I was just wondering if their new lever improved the responsiveness and incressed the modulation like it did with the tech m4s?

from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    I'm running a 180 rotor now on the back with the tech v2's and its made a HUGE difference; the back brake dosent lock up like it used to. Also i'm struggling with my X0 shifters with the tech levers due to the shape of them, hope apparently have a matchmaker clamp to solve it.
    Visit - www.gravity-sports.co.uk - Exclusive high end MTB Products

Fat & Single
    TLR i thought you were into the "stealth" mode ? , the revised graphics are definately on the radar

Awesome looking bike !!!! and the bolt clamp stops the opportunist nicking the seat/post too , more in my case with lever action
    Evil Following
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    IndyFab Deluxe 29
    FM190 Fatty
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

aye - i thought the black graphics were just a wee bit too subtle.......
    ccdb has arrived too

mtbr member
    the moto's are not 'over powerful' Simon. You're just not going fast enough to need them

Anyway, just because there's loads of power doesn't mean you have to use it. Just means you need less effort for the braking you do need. Less arm pump and less death grip on the bars = more relaxed = more control

Quote Originally Posted by dipper

Anyway, just because there's loads of power doesn't mean you have to use it. Just means you need less effort for the braking you do need. Less arm pump and less death grip on the bars = more relaxed = more control

LOL - Reminds me of our SP1 -v- GSX-R600 @ Knockhill.............

Less is more boys.............

'All over it!'
    Looking mighty fine there TLR. Any tips on how to get the graphics on the frame straight and in the the right place?

lorni - i simply stuck them on top of the black graphics and have created a neat shadow look - measure twice, apply once

3 solid rides over the weekend have confirmed one thing......this bike is awesome !
    it is so laterally stiff, no noticeable deflection, the HORST works brilliantly, and even though pedal strike occurs, it cannot detract from the incredible accuracy and ability to turn in and hold a line.....
    hats off to Nicolai - i ran all 3 long distance (and time) rides in the 140mm position with the TALAS varied betweeen 130 / 160mm....this bike rocks !
    the dry conditions have really allowed me to let rip and gun the f00k out of the frameset - what a bike !
    all i need now is my CCDB to really plushify the rear

from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    Do you think you'll leave it @ 140mm with the CCDB or try and get it working @ 160mm?
    Visit - www.gravity-sports.co.uk - Exclusive high end MTB Products

vary between 140 / 150 and leave the 167 for Alpine / Laggan / Fort Bill duties.

Members who have read this thread: 0