So I have ordered my nicolai through Dan at head for the hills.. recently they ran a http://www.head-for-the-hills.co.uk/demo_day_2008.htm which I wasn’t going to attend.. as although Nicolai were there they were just bringing CC's and Nonius. However the day before Dan gives me a buzz to let me know that they will be bringing down a Helius FR. Sweet there is no way that im gunna miss having a test run on some else's Nic especially as I am trying to figure out what bits to put on it as I wait for the frame to be delivered. As it turns out the one they had was Mikes personal rig. Unfortunately the shocks on the front were shot and were due to be sent back but ignoring that the bike felt great.
- It climbs like a billy goat
- It did feel a bit heavy but I think it had a heavy build
- Cant really feel the back end working which I think is a feeling that a lot of people have mentioned.. I had a lot more traction in corners and under breaking than with my current rig.
- They are a work of art up close.
- Felt a bit on top of the bike rather than in it but that probably due to shock set up.
Anyway I hope Mike doesn’t mind but I snapped a couple of shots and thought I would share them (rubbish cam phone shots) .. I didn’t manage to get any pics of the Nic set up and the other bikes as it was all a bit of a rush. (edit pics of the event here http://flickr.com/photos/13519914@N0...57603807171376) Good to see them going to events like this however and spreading the message. Simon and Mike seemed v friendly which is reassuring when investing so much cash in some metal. They seem to have a lot of dialogue with Karl and are here in the Uk for the long run.. good stuff
Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: Head for the hills open day
Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »