mtbr member

FTM to Helius AC

I have a question. I'm thinking of getting a Helius AC in the near future due to Titus closing its doors, and parts being harder and harder to get. When I finally decide to get the AC I would like to swap my parts over. My question is I have a 2010 Fox RP23 BV on the bike now. it is a 200 mm eye to eye but I'm not sure what the stroke is, the shaft length is 57 mm but the stroke seems to be 51-53 mm. I know the AC will use ether lengths but my real question is the RP23 was tuned for the FTM witch is a Horst Link bike very similar to the AC, I would almost say exactly. I like the way the shock works in the FTM and if it worked the same in the AC I would be very happy.
    Solstice
    TBC TransAm

mtbr member
    it'll be spot on
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

flash bikes for flash gits

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Mmm not so sure ;-)

2010 AC runs with a 200mm / 51mm shox but for this new year 2011, you can choose either a 200/51 or 200/57 depending on the linkage you'll choose (A, B or C)

all details in this tech sheet : http://www.nicolai.net/files/federweg-he-ac-2011.pdf

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    If you brought a "B" type link you could run a 200x51 on the top hole for full travel or a 200x57 on the second hole for near enough the same travel.
    Wouldnt matter if it was 51 or 57mm then

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    OK with that, it's just important to know that you must order the right link to feet with your shox. And if you have choice, I think it's better to lower the compression ratio using a 57mm stroke to have better sensitivity.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Djill de Gre
    OK with that, it's just important to know that you must order the right link to feet with your shox. And if you have choice, I think it's better to lower the compression ratio using a 57mm stroke to have better sensitivity.
    i would have agreed with that a few months ago but having ridden the RP23 BV on a new AM I now disagree. It may work with a coil or small volume air can but the BV can makes things too soft and wallowy in conjunction with the new linkages.
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

mtbr member
    How do you measure the stroke lenght? Is it the accual amount of shaft that goes into the body or is it the total shaft length? I thought it was the total shaft lenght but im not 100%
    Solstice
    TBC TransAm

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by malen
    How do you measure the stroke lenght? Is it the accual amount of shaft that goes into the body or is it the total shaft length? I thought it was the total shaft lenght but im not 100%
    Usually you can let all the air out push the o-ring up to the seal and compress the shock(leave in frame) and then measure the amount of shaft used between the o-ring and the seal.

mtbr member
    as Sam said.

In my experience a 200X57 and a 200X51 RP23 have the same dimensions but the 51mm stops short on the shaft so sounds like yours is a 51mm
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dipper
    i would have agreed with that a few months ago but having ridden the RP23 BV on a new AM I now disagree. It may work with a coil or small volume air can but the BV can makes things too soft and wallowy in conjunction with the new linkages.
    Yes, everything is linked : it's extremly important to have the right setting on your shock to fit with rear linkage. I'd say it's necessary to contact Nicolaļ (or an expert on this domain) to obtain their requirements for rear shox to make sure yours will be convenient.