mtbr member

Float 180 v's BOS Deville

Arrrggghhh i cant decide!!! Was gonna get the Floats for my FR as they are 180 which its designed for and actually lighter than the 160 vans in currently running.............. BUT BOS forks are meant to be immense even if they are still only 160 hmmmm
    idea's anyone!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    If it was me i would go for the Devilles/Ndee,The Uk importer is doing Devilles at 750 at the moment.What about the NDEE thats a 180mm single crown.Would be sweet on a fr

mtbr member
    yeah the price is what got me thinking, I use my FR for trail riding so the ndee's although awesome would be too heavy and the pinch bolts be an arse for trail riding.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Had 170mm Lyrik DH coils on mine,Maxle is easy and quick,Forks were awesome,Mate has the Solo air version,they feel good but not quite up to the coil.

mtbr member
    I heard the weight quoted on the bos website was someway off the actual running (wet) weight. Might be worth checking they really are as light as quoted.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rpm100
    I heard the weight quoted on the bos website was someway off the actual running (wet) weight. Might be worth checking they really are as light as quoted.
    The real weight is around 2kg, not much more.

I've a BOS N'Dee and wouldn't change for anything. Never tested the Deville out though but friends of mine did and loved it.

mtbr member
    Had a little feel of a pair of devilles mounted to a new Intense ss2. They sure felt plush. I think when coupled with the stoy (which this bike was) it has the best fit and forget combo damping you can get.

from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    I fancy the floats but like sowx says all the reviews of the bos forks say they are amazing.
    Visit - www.gravity-sports.co.uk - Exclusive high end MTB Products