mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Fitting a lefty to a Helius AC

Anyone with any ideas!! I've got a 140 carbon lefty SPV and I'm hoping to purchase a new or S/H Helius AC trouble is the headtube length on the AC is 130mm and the space between the mounts on the lefty is 137MM. the mounts can't be moved as it's carbon and they're bonded on to the lefty.

Has anyone any experience of this or any suitable ideas???

Thanks in advance.

Ash
    Just want to be free

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ash.addy View Post
    Anyone with any ideas!! I've got a 140 carbon lefty SPV and I'm hoping to purchase a new or S/H Helius AC trouble is the headtube length on the AC is 130mm and the space between the mounts on the lefty is 137MM. the mounts can't be moved as it's carbon and they're bonded on to the lefty.

Has anyone any experience of this or any suitable ideas???

Thanks in advance.

Ash
    If buying a new frame,Just get Nicolai to fit a Cannondale spec headtube.

"El Whatever"
    Just by those numbers, it's a no go S/H. As Sam says, you need to custom the headtube either for Cannondale or for a zero-stack headset (whatever number they call it now).

Go for custom geo also, the Lefty is shorter than comparable forks of same travel. IMHO, the AC with a fork of 520mm axle to crown feels a little steep already. Any lower and you defeat the purpose of the geometry of the AC. So you better ask for custom geo to compensate.

I toyed with the idea, but ditched it on the basis that Cannondale won't produce a Lefty longer than 510mm killed the deal for my AC. She feels happier at the design 530mm or even 545mm.
    Check my Site